Looking for Toddler Music

Hey moms, my daughter is 16 months and loves music. I am getting pretty sick of listening to "Baby Beluga" so I am wondering if there is a CD that is or was a big hit with your little one this age? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for Christmas music (non-religious) that she might like too?

We love the backyardings CD. Never watch the show but the songs are really catchy and upbeat. I found a great Christmas CD last year, Kid Bop Christmas kids singing traditional fun songs and in a non-irritating way. Found both on itunes.

You should look online for Music for Ardvarks. They are based out of NYC, the music is cool, I even like it. The tunes are catchy and real to toddler life. Good luck!

My son loved Sarah Boynton's "Philadelphia Chickens".
(Adults like it too).
There is a certain age that they like this.
I bought it for a friend's child for the 1st birthday.
6 months later she called me and said they HAD to have it in the car or they couldn't leave the house!
(My son was like this too - I had one in the car and two at home).

Hope this helps,

Hello L.,
My boys loved the local guys (in bay area, you can often find them in concert - but the CD's are available via the net). Absolutely Tim Cain and James K - original kid music. LOVE Good Morning Sun, Like a Crocodile etc... We often played along to these CD's (They each have 4 or 5 CD's) Also Hap Palmer is fabulous (same level of songs like Raffi)... I agree with others about the Beatles (try Yellow Sub or Magical Mystery Tour - they love that stuff) Putamayo or Beach Boys. I grew up with the album Really Rosie by Carole King based on Maurice Sendak's characters and my sister found it on Cd for us. We can listen to that over and over it's so great. Another great calming album is Kenny Logins' Children's album (lullabyes? I forget the title)... the House at Pooh Corners is sooooo good for pre-bed time. We wore that one out... I think I'll itunes that right now!

Enjoy!

Red Grammer has great kids music. Also any of the collections featuring well-known performers and rock stars etc make things more palatable to mom.

I second the Laurie Berkner recommendation! I would add to that Dan Zane. Both are great kids folkish dance music... in the same genre as Raffi. We also like a cd called "World Music for Little Ears" it has a variety of songs from different cultures.

The "Rudolph, Frosty and Friends Favorite Christmas Songs" CD is not religious (It's the same songs that are on the classic Christmas movies with the stop-action animation: Rudolph, Frosty, with the Burl Ives snowman...)

Other music that doesn't drive me nuts is The Cars movie soundtrack, and Baby's Best Playtime songs (I got it from Wal Mart, I think). Most of the songs are fairy tales, and only one is a bit disturbing (about the piggies dying because they wouldn't say we we we we)... but your daughter won't catch that lyric, probably! Just a word of warning, if you are looking for non-religious music, there was a two disc set I got of Favorite Toddler Songs that didn't list titles, and about every fifth song was religious. Not awful, but surprising! The Baby Genius collection is also cute without being annoying.

My kids also both love the Beatles HELP album :)

(Adults like it too).

Hope this helps,

We love the playground series and the dreamland series by puntumayo. The great thing about them is they are really diverse and expose your child to lots of different styles of music, but are all very kid oriented. My son adores them, and they are are not the usual annoying little kid music that will drive all the grown ups crazy. You can get them at gymboree, though amazon, or directly through this website.
http://www.putumayo.com/en/putumayo_kids.php

1 / 3