Is There a Pre Pre K?

Hi
I heard that there is a pre pre-k for children under 3 years old. Does anyone know of a school that offers something educational (not day care) for kids under 3. My daughter is 2 yrs old, I would like to put her in a class that would prepare her for pre k (and give me some free time, and it would get her to be less attached to 'mommy')
thanks!

hey...my daughter started pre-school in oviedo @ kindercare...she is in pre-k there now and she can already read, add, subtract...it is "day care" but she learned ALOT there and there are additional tutorials you can sign up for in spanish, math, phonics....it is the BEST! I have referred 2 kids there and their parents are thrilled...

My son is 3 years old and currently attends PPCD at our local elementray school half a day. Next school year he will attend head start half a day and continue the PPCD the other half. You should check with your local elementray school to find out qualifications and registration.

try oviedo montasauri! my oldest son went there and it is famtastic!!! you can drop in almost any time but if you want to call the number is ###-###-####. i would love to hear back from you. good luck
K. r

How about doing some mommy and me classes with her instead - Kindermusik, ballet, gymasntics, art. That way you can continue to provide her with the nurturing first teacher role parents have simply being being parents.

And if you want your 2-year-old to read - please realize that to start kindergarten she only needs to recognize her letters and numbers. ANd since she'll be 5, she'll leanr the rest very easily. And that by third grade the push for momentum in learning slows back down to a normal pace. Your child will not be behind.

Some of the churches in the area provide educational care to those under 3. Also, Double R Private School on Snowhill Rd. Where in Oviedo do you live? I am looking into preschool for my 2 1/2 year old for next school year. I know what you mean by the "attached to mommy"
A.

Since you are in Oviedo, I highly recommend the Starchild Academy. They place an emphasis on academics in their program, but they don't neglect the social/emotional aspect of children's learning like other schools sometimes do.

My son is in that school, and they start academics even as young as in the infant rooms. They say that kids coming out of the Starchild programs (there is another school in Wekiva, and one in Waterford Lakes) are more equipt for high level academic programs that from anywhere else.

Most churches in the area have preschools that do a 2 or 3 day "3's" class that is 3 to 4 hours long. The VPK program that is federally funded is for 4 year olds.

1 / 3