Is It to Late to Go to School?

I'm 27 years old and have a two year old little boy I have 12 hours which is about one semester left until I have my bachelors for business but i'm wondering if it's to late now. The only reason that I stopped going is because I could no longer recieve financial aid because I had too many hours, I couldn't afford the tutition out of pocket so in the process of trying to get more money I ended up pregnant, which is the absolute best thing that ever happen to me but I want to provide a better life for him but now i'm wndering if it's to late becasue now i'm going to have to compete with all the younger 23 and 24 year olds out there looking for a job as well when i finish. I feel so old and I still have no idea where to get the money for school, I really want to finish but i'm just wondering is it a dream that I should just let go of?

Let's see, you can be 28 with a degree, or 29 without a degree. Which one is likely to get you a better job?

My DH graduated just shy of his 40th birthday, I will be 37 by the time I have my B.S. and my goal is to get a PhD by the time I'm 50.

I am in class with 17 year olds and with 65+ year olds.
It is never too late.

GO GIRL!!!

You are NEVER too old to go back to school!!! NEVER EVER TOO LATE and don't let ANYONE dissuade you from going!!!

DO IT!! GO FOR IT!!! Don't look back and wonder what could've been - DO IT!!!

Look at it this way, in 3 years you're still going to be 30, with or without your degree!

I went back at 37 so I would say it is not too late.

Not too late. Don't think of reasons to avoid it. Go get what you want.

It is never too late.

I'm 44 years old (45 in january) and back in college to complete a nursing degree I started 18 years ago (and yes my credits were still good and transfered to my new school). Apply for financial aide ... now that you have a child to take care of also, it will make a difference on what you're eligable for.

DO IT. If it's a dream you have don't give up on it. Some dreams can't be persued after a certain time (I'm never going to be a prima ballerina LOL) a college degree ISN'T one of them. And you're more likely to get a job over some one without any thing but a degree ... you have a degree AND prior work history :) And especially considering you only have one full time semester to complete.

GO GIRL!!!

Hell no!! NEVER too late! My girlfriend, 40, just completed her degree. You are sooo close, almost there. Just do it. No one can take your education away from you and you'll always have it. Study after study has shown that individuals with a higher education make more money over a lifetime:
"Over a work life, earnings for a worker with a bachelor's degree compared with one who had just a high school diploma increase by about $1 million for non-Hispanic Whites and about $700,000 for African Americans; Asians and Pacific Islanders; and Hispanics."
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/moneymatters/a/edandearning...

Good luck, you're almost there!

1 / 3