Ipad for 3 1/2 Yo?

Hi does your 3 yo toddler use Ipad? I am thinking of buying one for my child, what are the good uses for the ipad for a 3 yo? thanks mmoms

Hello, thanks moms for your answers, I know nothing about Ipads that why I posted this question. I will go with a leap pad for now, I think my son will enjoy this instead of something so expensive, thanks, moms, for your answers, and no, this isn't a troll question, i am just not that knowledgeable about computers, thanks moms!

My daughter's sophmore/junior history class is getting ipads for classwork. Many parents (including me) have concerns because ipads can damage so easily. Even if I had a huge disposal income, no way would I ever spend +$500 on a toy for a preschooler.

I am soooo glad the other moms are responding as they are! Thank you, moms!

I fully agree....find something more appropriate for a child. My vote is for VTech or Leapster. Peace!

Hi, L.V.:
OMG! A toddler. Why?
Have you researched the effects that electronics
do to babies?
I am concerned about the addictive qualities
of all electronics in the hands of not only adults
but children as well.

Just a thought.

Okay, I mean this as nicely as possible... Are you serious? I can't think of one valid reason why a 3 year old would need such a fancy gadget. If you want your child to have a handheld video game system, then get a Leapster or whatever they are, if you must. If you want your kid to learn, than do it with him or send him to preschool. Anything the Ipad can offer to a 3 year old is better done the old school way, IMO. Board games & paper & crayons are a far better purchase. No way, no how would I purchase such a high dollar item for a kid who can barely wipe their butt.

are you serious? there are far better choices that are more suitable for a 3 yr old, that are probably more fun for that age.

You are kidding me, right?
Get a Leapster or something like that. An iPad is not a toy. If you have one and you want your toddler to sit quietly and use it once in a while, then fine, but don't buy your toddler an iPad! They do break if dropped or thrown. They are connected to the internet. They are not for babies.
LBC

Um I just going to be totally blunt, noooo. That is alot of what's wrong with kids now adays, they are absolute spoiled brats. An Ipad at 3, what's next...? I don't care if you have the money for it or not, that's absolutely ridiculous. They need a Leapster or something like that, something more age appropriate. You start in this young getting stuff that expensive for them....well, all I'll say is you're going to be in for a long haul dealing with this child and what they expect and it's not gonna be fun.

Hi, L.V.:
OMG! A toddler. Why?
do to babies?
but children as well.

Just a thought.

It's one thing to have an Ipad for yourself that you happen to let your 3 yo play with sometimes - it's quite another to actually buy one that is for them. Like some others have said, there are better ways for them to learn, and fortunately, they are all a lot less money. $600 paid for my daughter's entire year of 3 year old preschool last year.

1 / 3