I'm 7 Weeks and 2 Days Pregnant, Im Having Spotting Is It Normal?

I found out i was pregnant 2 weeks ago. The doctor gave me an ultrasound and said that she couldn't assure me that i wasn't going to miscarry because it was too early to tell i was only 5 weeks and 3 days. She ordered me to get some blood work done and get my HCG levels checked then checked again 2 days later. I went to see her again a week later and she had told me that my HCG levels seemed low for how big the baby looked but my HCG levels did double. She gave me another ultrasound and she said that the baby looked smaller. So she sent me to get my hormones checked again. So today im 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant and i started spotting it was just a tiny bit it was brown/light pink in color and i dont have any cramping. Does this mean i am having a miscarriage?
I also have a 6 month old daughter, do you think it might be that my body isn't strong enough to carry a pregnancy so early after giving birth?
by the way my last menstrual period was february 7,2011 and i have another doctor appointment on thursday.

Not necessarily. I have a friend who had bleeding during the beginning of her pregnancy- so much so, she was convinced she had miscarried. Her DH rushed her to the ER, and everything turned out fine. Her baby is now going to be 4 in a few months.
If you are concerned though, call your OBGYN- that's what they're there for- it's their job to answer your questions =)

I had spotting like that around 7 weeks. My daughter is now 8 years old, so the pregnancy stuck! =) Try not to worry. I know it's hard, but what will happen will happen, and you do not have control over it. Stress isn't good for your body right now, so relax and get some rest, and see what the doctor says on Thursday.

I had spotting around 6 weeks with my son, so I think it can be normal. I'd still tell your dr Thurs but I wouldn't worry to much about bc a lot of people have spotting. If I remember correctly I had a period the first month while preg with my daughter. Don't stress over it bc that isn't good for you or the baby! And Congrats!

Hi D.

Try to think positive. I had spotting with my first pregnancy and had a healthy daughter. Spotting can be perfectly normal and not a problem.

With my second pregnancy I had identical spotting. I live in Switzerland and they believe in early ultrasounds and on my routine first check up at 7 weeks they could not see a heart beat when one should have been there. I would ask for another ultrasound on Thursday as they should be able to see a heartbeat now and they can tell you if your baby has developed or if there is a problem and you are going to miscarry.

I went on to miscarry naturally and as others have said there is no way you can mistake bleeding from a miscarriage for spotting. I did not have cramps however.

Good luck and think positive - lots of people spot and it can mean nothing.

I am counting down the days until I can try again and have been reassured by the doctor that there is no reason I could not get pregnant again and have a healthy pregnancy.

I'm sure you already did this, but talk to your doctor ASAP. However - for some additional reassurance besides that offered by the other moms - I spotted around that time with my daughter, and the OB said to just relax and take it easy, and that there was nothing they could do even if it was a miscarriage. My daughter is now 3 and very healthy. Last year I had a miscarriage, and there was definitely no mistaking the difference. Hang in there. What will be, will be.

I had some light spotting early on with this pregnancy (currently 26 weeks with #3). I started very light spotting at 5 weeks for about four days. Then, again at 6.5 weeks for two days. Everything was fine for my baby. I did call the office right away, so they saw me at 5.5 weeks, three days later, and four days after that. They did an ultrasound each time. Don't worry about these being unsafe, by the way, as another poster said. I had an ultrasound every single time I went to the doctor when carrying my twins, which amounted to about 20 ultrasounds. Both of my babies are just fine.

I spotted early on as well. It depends on how intense the spotting is. You can't really miss your miscarriage either based on what I read/been told. Like, its sort of obvious (not just little bits). Most miscarriages happen within the first 10-12 weeks. And honestly, if you were going to miscarry, your obgyn can't do anything for you. So in the meantime just relax :) PS Try not to do so many ultrasounds, they aren't really great for you.

i would call your doctor and let them know you should have your levels checked again. i had spotting with my first child around that time and i everything went great, none with my second pregnancy. last year i had very dark spotting with my third pregnancy at 9 wks and had a misscarriage.

Call or go to the professionals ASAP and THEY can tell you not us. my best advice is do not freak yourself keep yourself calm we all know its not good to stress while pregnant(easier said than done i know) but it is what it is and you can't change it. either way you have a beautiful child to care for and focus on that for now :) if you do end up having a misscarriage and need a friend just msg me. take care of yourself. good luck!

1 / 3