4 yo Boy's Birthday Party Idea - Ideas for a 4 year old birthday party - Fayetteville, AR

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you all had any really fun ideas for a 4 year old birthday for a little boy. Last year we invited friends and family and had kind of a jungle/zoo party at our house. We rented animals and had them brought to the house. We had camels for camel rides, a python, a baby lemur for the kids to pet and hold and a baby kangaroo. Birthdays are a lot of fun around here. To me that is the one day a year when you can just let loose and go wild! I was thinking about a carnival themed birthday this year with pony rides and games only I'm not sure what games to play or exactly how to do it. If you have any suggestions on how to pull this off or any more fun ideas, please let me know. Thanks a bunch for your time!

I found the best idea for a party in one of my Family Fun magazines. You could do a Camping theme. Have the party late in the afternoon. Have nets to catch fireflies/butterflies (97 cents at Decorator's Warehouse). There is a cake that was in the magazine that looks like a real campfire. You could make S'mores , roast Hot dogs, Sing campfire songs . The nets and a flashlight with each child's name on it could be the favors.You can find the directions for the cake on the Family Fun website. And don't forget , there's nothing like sleeping in a tent for a little boy!

Hi!! I just wanted to share a website with you that I use a good bit for party ideas....I went ahead and typed in carnival party for you....it is http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/carnival_party.html
Also, for my daughters 4th birthday we had it at the city park and had a magician come out and do magic tricks and make animal balloons for all the kids. He even brought a real rabbit and all the children got to hold it and pet it. They loved it! We had a blast! Good luck!!

We always play pin the ________ on the ___________ according to our party theme. Themes (for boys & girls) have included pirates, Blue's Clues, motorcycle/racecar, dinosuars, pegasus/unicorn, princess, Star Wars, lego, dragon, and more. (If you want ideas from any of these, contact me.) We always do low-budget, make-it-yourself parties that are a ton of fun and super creative.
For a carnival theme, you might try pin the tail on the carosel horse or pin the nose on the clown or some other carnival-related idea. Also, you can make a carosel cake.

I didn't read all the responses so forgive me if I repeat someone. If you are worried about how to work all the little booths at the same time, hire your babysitter and her friends. Most teens work for cheap. We paid two girls $5 an hour to work our last party. It was amazing! They even helped clean up!

Hey A.~ Kimmy here. My son is turning 1 in June and my friends and I all had babies last summer. My friend natalie & I are doing a joint Birthday party for our little boys with a superhero theme. Everyone dresses up- The kids, parents, even the pets! Get as creative as you like... My husband & I are going to be She-Ra & a Transformer. Linc is going as Quail-Man (you know from that old Nickelodeon show "Doug") You can put a spin on traditional games, like pin the cape on the superhero, and have a villian pinata~... Our friends are really stoked and it still months away!

I started to do this theme one year but ran out of time to get it all together. Games you could play could be the duck game like they do at the fair, a bean bag toss that they toss into a clowns face or whatever. Check oriental trading company for these things. And you can get some great little prizes for the tuck game. You could do the ballon pop with darts but chances are some kid might run off with one and get hurt. What about reddy whip pie throwing contest you could ask for adult volunters or heck the kids might want to take part in it to. We were going to do Jo Jo circus it was when she was 2. You have cotton candy kids love that. Have fun

We invited all the kids to decorate their riding toys and wagons and wear a costume of their choice for a parade in our neighborhood. My daughter was turning 4 and son 1 (3 days apart) and she brought up the idea of parade/fair. I even found little containers that looked like they came straight from the fair and the kids could fill them with popcorn, chips, pretzels, etc and walk around at our "Fair"....with water balloon toss, sack races, inflatable jumpers, face painting and bean bag toss....it was what my husband called Halloween at Disney!! and ages 1-82 joined in on all the activites! I even had a bullhorn and acted as a "ringmaster"....they decided they want to do it again this year!!!!

Hello. i would like 2 suggest renting a bouncer or jumper. my family owns a company that rents them and their customers are always very satisfied. u could also do cotton candy or popcorn mashines since you are thinking about a carnival theme. Hope that helps you! good luck!

My son also had a carnival themed party. We had to be creative and get help from family members. We had game stations set up. Bean bag toss, hole in one golf green-(artificial turf with his little plastic golf set) a coloring station etc. We had baskets of goodies at each station. We gave the kids their goody bag at the start of the games and at each station they were able to choose a prize for their goody bag.
For food we had hot dogs-(prepared ahead of time placed in the bun and wrapped in foil-place them in a cooler to keep them warm),chips, popcorn balls and cake.
Most party jump rental companies also carry carnival style games, cotton candy and popcorn machines.

I did a carnival for my daughter one year, it was a hit!!! I went to our local appliance store and got a ton of their big boxes and decorated them to make booths. I made alot of the games you find at fairs, ring toss, balloon pop, pluck a duck from the pond, guess how many marbles, etc.. I bought small prizes to give each child when they would win a game. We had a clown, face painting and some of the older kids from the neighborhood help by working each booth I had made. After, I took my daughter and her guest to our city park in a Limo to play for a while. She is twelve now and still talks about that birthday party.
C. Lege
Maurice Louisiana

1 / 3