How to get rid the dog pee smell out of carpet?

I need help on getting the dog pee smell out of my carpet I have shampooed and shampooed I need help. THe dog is now trained and I tried to keep up with the puppy but when I am not home I can not do anything.... I really need help....

Summary

You can first try some carpet cleaning products in the market, such as Nature's Miracle, Outright Stain & Odor Remover; some suggested to hire a carpet shampoo company. But to truly get rid of the smell, replace the pad and carpet, as it gets into the pad, there is nothing you can do but rip out the carpet.

I wish I had some good advice for you. We are in the same situation and have decided only ripping out the carpet completely is going to get rid of it. We have a carpet shampoo machine that we used several times, used a gallon of nautres miricle on it and it did nothing and even had a carpet cleaning company come out and clean it. You can still smell the pee. If it gets into the pad, there is nothing you can do but rip out the carpet.

Vinegar. Yep, just white, distilled, vinegar sold in any grocery store for about a buck. Put it in your carpet cleaner with water (I would start with 1 cup vinegar to 1 gallon of water) and pretend you are shampooing the carpet with it. After you are done, go back over the carpet with clean water. You may notice a little bit of the vinegar smell until it is dry. If so, go over it one more time with plain water. Pee smell be gone!! I actually rinse all of our clothes in vinegar since not only does it get rid of the urine drips left behind by the kids, it breaks down any left over soap in the clothing helping them stay brighter and last longer.

Try " Nature's Miracle " found at Petsmart or Petco. Great for pet odors and stains - we use it for every kind of pet or human stain on the carpeting....http://www.petco.com/product/2437/Nature-s-Miracle-Stain-...

Hi D.!
The best product I have EVER found that actually takes the urine out of the carpet, as well as the scent, is a product called Sol U Mel. What I love so much is that first of all it works, but second that I also don't have to worry about my 18-month old being exposed to chemicals while using it. It is incredible stuff... If you're interested I'd love to share more with you as well as how you can get your own Sol U Mel!
http://www.GivingMomsHope.com

Nature's Miracle is the best product out there--works on pet and people urine (we have boys!!). Good luck!

Outright Stain & Odor Remover is sold only in vet's offices, but it works perfectly. You could call some vets in your area, or see if they have a website (Outright is the brand name). It completely removes the odor as well as any color stain.

When we moved inot our house the previous owners had a dog that peed "everywhere". We tried to spray with the stuff that's supposed to get the smell out but humidity always brings that pee smell back out. We just replaced the pad and carpet in the end.

I swear by Nature's Miracle (sold at Pet stores) - it's got an enzyme that "eats" the pee.

1 / 3