How Often Do Your Kids Spill Drinks?

I would say at least once a day I am cleaning up spilled milk. It drives me batty. I would say 90% of the time it is b/c someone was goofing around and trying to make the other kid laugh. They are 5 and 4 - so in my books too old for sippy cups and as I said it is mainly b/c they are goofing around. Drinks are only allowed in the kitchen at the table and granted I have my little plastic table cover but I just get so frustrated with the almost daily clean up.

So tell me... is it just my kids or does any other moms go through the joys of wiping up drinks on a regular basis?

Thanks

My kids probably drink 5 to 6 glasses of milk a day. They always have milk sitting at the table so that it is readily available to them. We also use water bottles for the day as well. Each gets a water bottle filled in the am and finish it by the end of the day. But when they are in the middle of playing and are thirsty and go over to the table to drink some milk they are usually still in play mode and laughing and joking around and giggling that someones glass usually gets spilled. I had been for awhile only doing 1/2 glasses, but they drink so much that I went back to full glasses. I think I will have to go back to 1/2 glasses. Oh ya - and most spills are just minor and at the end of the cup - but today it was a fully one and the full spills are the ones that get to me.

And just the other day my son was carrying a gallon of milk into the house (from the grocery store) and accidently dropped it. The plastc busted and I had milk from the celing down to the ground and in the cracks and base boards. Talk about crying over spilled milk, lol....

Hardly ever.With My 4 year old it used to be a few times a day until I started making him clean the mess now he's a lot more careful because he doesn't want to clean :)

It seems to come in three's--like deaths! LOL

Seriously--there is nothing wrong with a cup with a lid and a straw if it saves your sanity--or your floor.

Almost never, but I still have Alex ( 4) drinking out of leak proof sippy cups about 75% of the time, and Kristen (10) drinks from a refillable water bottle. We rent and have light cream colored carpeting, I adore my landlord and she did not charge us a deposit so I do not want to be disrespectful and have stains on the carpeting. We have tried rules about only having drinks in the kitchen but it is difficult to enforce so we have just stuck with sippy cups. They drink from regular cups at meal times at the table.

My 3 yr old spills a drink maybe once a day, maybe a little less, like 4 times a week. I have learned that when he's done drinking it, I put it FAR away from his toys and play area. He can open the fridge on his own now, so I might put it back in the fridge and let him know it's in there. It's not always that he spills it when he's eating. Sometimes yes, but not often. He has learned that he's supposed to tell me he spilled and quickly get a rag (i put them low enough for him to reach them). He's learning to clean up his own mess, which is nice. Although I always help him too, generally wiping behind his wipes with a damp rag.

So you're not the only one tired of spilled drinks!

Hardly ever. But I have one, so there's less "goofing around". I'd have them clean up after themselves.

I just got a new dining room table so I bought a few cups with lids and straws for my 7 and 3 y/o :)

Hardly ever.
my kids don't usually spill drinks.
Even when they were younger.
My kids are now 4 & 8.

I agree.... my main mommy compliant is that I am SO SO SO tired of cleaning up spills!!!

1 / 3