How Often Do Children Get Routine Bloodwork?

Just wondering how often your children get routine bloodwork at the pediatrician? I know at year one, but wondering how often after that. Thanks!

I have 3 children. Ages 15, 6 and 11 months. None of them have ever had routine blood work. Not neccessary. They are all healthy.

"Routine" bloodwork? Never. Bloodwork to check for a specific issue? A couple of times. But never just as a *routine*. My kids are 13, 10 and 8.

Never heard of 'routine' bloodwork for children and I have a 21 and 10 yr old-I am in TX so maybe it is different in other parts of the U.S.

None of my 4 children ever had routine bloodwork. One of my girls had bloodwork when we were checking on why she had headaches.

My kids have never had bloodwork done, even when we were on WIC. It's not a "routine" procedure!

I have never heard of this before. If I were you I would check the American Acad of Pediatrics to see if they have guidelines on this. If your doc is asking you to do this he either thinks something may be wrong or is possibly gouging your insurance.

Mine don't. We do bloodwork if there is a serious problem, otherwise, not at all.

ETA: That's my choice. they did ask to do bloodwork for routine stuff at about 4. If your kids are going to school, you may have to do that, but mine are homeschooled so I tell my doctor what they can and can't do, not the other way around. Shots, on the other hand, if you are vaxing (and we do) are about once a year after age 1.

my kids have never had routine bloodwork.

1 / 3