Homemade Smoothies-how Long Do You Store It in Fridge

Hi Mamas, I am making smoothies for my son, it has milk, ice, strawberries, bananas, yellow zucchini, spinach and carrots. My question is, how long would you keep the leftover smoothie in the fridge, it has milk so I want to be careful not to store longer than I should. If I make smoothies today, can I store the leftover and still have the leftover tomorrow night? Thanks for your advice!

Ive made smoothies and left for the next day. It was okay but the thickness breaks down so it ends up more like juice or milk. I bought popsicle molds but you can also use papercups and popsicle sticks to freeze--healthy ice cream.

I go about 24 - 28 hours in a airtight container, like a Blender Bottle.
Love those things.

They are fine for the next day. I haven't had any left over for longer than that, but I would imagine if it's in a tight container, it would last another day or so. If the milk is fresh, it's probably going to be the fruit or veg that will start to turn brownish and not look or taste too good before the milk goes bad. But either way, you'll know by looking at it that you won't want to drink it.

I agree with susan, about 24 hours. I make those too! I've never heard of anyone else making a "shakey" with veggies. I use a banana, strawberries, peaches, pears, steamed zuchini, baked sweet potatoe and a package of carnation instant breakfast. My son (who had major eating issues) would drink the whole blender in 2 sittings! Happy Smoothie making to you :o)

The fruit and veggies will lose most of their nutrients within 12 hours of blending. The milk will be OK, but the acid of blended fruits makes it sort of funky by day 2.

If I have fruit or spinach that is about to turn, I blend it with OJ and pour it into ice cube trays. Then I can use those "ice cubes" to add to other smoothies in the future. Try freezing your leftover smoothies and chopping the ice up with a little more milk or yogurt. Then you don't have to worry about it going bad.

I make smoothies with banana, frozen strawberry, pineapple juice, OJ and a bit of vanilla protein powder and what I've noticed is that by 12 hours, the banana in it starts to turn the drink brownish. Taste is ok (not great like when I first make it). So if you're making something with a fruit (or veggie) that turns brown quickly, the same will apply to your drink. And the ice will make your drink more watery rather than slushy.

1 / 3