Holiday Party.. What to Bring?

Just wondering if you ladies have any good ideas what to bring when you are invited for a holiday party. What are some of your tried and true recipies that you are always asked to make? I am going to a holiday party and I want to bring some kind of food item, but I just cant think of anything. I want something easy to transport also. Thanks

I have two options that I use often. First is pigs in a blanket, some grocery stores sell them pre made in the frozen food section or you get the crescent rolls and mini hot dog, cut each crescent into 3 triagles and roll up a mini dog in each then bake as directed on the crescent roll package. Second is Kilbasa cooked in the crock pot - I put 1 large jar of store brand grape jelly and a medium bottle of ketchup with 2-3 Kilbasa. This is a hit every time.

hi there! every get together, whether it be family or friends the request has been spinach dip in a bread bowl. Easy to make. The recipe is on the package of a veggie soup mix. I usually cut up or break up extra bread and put into a zip lock. happy holidays!

Hi:

My new favorite item to bring is Monkey Bread. Always a hit. Go to allrecipes.com and search Monkey Bread I (There are other versions...I always make "I"). It's an easy recipe.

Good Luck,

Everyone seems to like my 'sweet and sour' meatballs. I buy a bag of frozen meatballs at BJs or Costco and put them in a pot with a jar of spaghetti sauce and grape jelly (Some people use chili sauce and cranberry sauce) and simmer them for an hour or two. They are always better the next day after they have cooled in the refrig and soaked in all the sauce. I bring them in a crock pot and bring toothpicks.
Happy Holidays,

Tomato Basil Goat Cheese Dip

One "box" of goat cheese (We use the herb flavored)
half a container of grape tomatoes
fresh basil

mixture of 1/8 cup evoo and 2 minced garlic cloves

1 box of any type hearty cracker

snip up the fresh basil to make a "bed" on your serving plate, place goat cheese on top of it, slice up grape tomatos and a bit more basil over the top

in a separate container mix evoo and minced garlic

travel to the party, pour the dressing on the dip and serve with crackers

This is sooooo good, all of my friends have started making it. So easy, a real hit! Happy Holiday Partying!

My family always loves it when I make pigs in a blanket.
get some mini hotdogs and packages crescent dough and go to town. cut each piece of dough into 3 pieces. roll the hot dogs up and bake 8-10 mins at 375 degrees.

I have a tried-and-true recipe success for you! People always ask if I am going to bring it. The funny thing is that I do NOT cook, so that I am seen as some gourmet genius with something so easy (but tasty) is a bonus!

BAKED BRIE

Ingredients to buy: a mini wheel of brie OR small wedge, jar of pesto, frozen puff pastry (Pepperidge farm sheets are perfect), and crackers.

Take out one sheet of frozen puff pastry and let defrost for a while. Turn on oven to 350. Scrape off the exterior white stuff off of the brie, then slice it through the center of the cheese creating a kind of sandwich. Spread pesto across the both halves, then close the "sandwich" back up. Now wrap the cheese/pesto sandwich inside of the defrosted puff pastry as if you are wrapping a present. You'll need to really seal up the dough to make sure no brie or pesto leaks out when baking. Place the whole thing on a cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until the dough looks cooked and is a light golden color. The brie will have been melted with the pesto so when your guests cut into it with a cheese spreader and spread it onto a cracker, it will spill out. However, it will be GONE before you even need to worry about it getting cool!

If you can bake it for at least the last few minutes at the party location, that is ideal. But if you can't, you can bring it in a dish warmer, or on the actual cookie sheet with aluminum foil to keep it warm (and the party isn't an hour away), that's fine.

Enjoy!

My mom always made these appetizers which I thought sounded gross when I was little, but they are so good a whole plate can disappear within minutes in the smallest gatherings:

Get sliced cooked ham (like for sandwiches) and spread cream cheese over one whole face (I usually get whipped cream cheese and let it sit on the counter for half an hour to make it easier to spread). Then take a green onion (scallion) and place it along the long edge of the ham. Roll it up, slice it into 8-10 pieces, and stick in some tooth picks. They're so delicious and easy to transport!

1 / 3