Help with ....Buying a Double Stroller!

I have a 3 year old son and a 10 month old son and we have had a double stroller loaned to us up until now. It is old, worn out some, it is the type that is standard one seat behind each other, maybe 5-7 years old. I would like to get a new or newer one for the upcoming nice weather and am wondering what people's experience are with them. I was thinking of a sit and stand but some people have discouraged that choice. And my older son says he would like to sit next to his brother but those seem soooo wide and hard to manage at stores etc. The primary purpose would be some leisure walks, malls, zoo, just around town. We of course all ready have 3 single strollers from the first time around that sometimes we just take together with my husband and I each pushing one! Thoughts! Ideas! Advice! Things to consider! I do not want to spend a fortune (under $200) Yet I want good quality that I will be very pleased with!

I love love LOVE my Graco Quattro Tour Duo stroller. I bought it at albeebaby.com for $189, but you can find them for cheaper (I picked the one that matched my carseat and it happened to cost a little bit more).
It's super easy to maneuver, folds up nicely, is slightly shorter than the DuoGlider, and has a large under-carriage basket that is easy to access. I also like that the baby in an infant carrier is closest to you, instead of way out in front, and the front seat has the option of a bar in front or 2 cup holders.
Of course it's going to be heavy, but any double stroller will be.
I also looked at the DuoGlider and Sit 'n Stand strollers and got lots of opinions from other moms who had used them before making my decision, and the Quattro Tour Duo really seems like the best option.

I haven't decided for sure yet but we have #2 coming this fall with a will be almost 3 yr old. They make a sit and stand that is a double stroller with 2 seats too and converts. I love it and it gets great reviews. I saw it in store at Target and online there and babies r us or other places. It is about $160 I think but we plan on having #3 sooner afterward so I like the option of 2 seats for when that happens. It gets great reviews online except a little small on room in the back seat and hard to reach the basket it seems. Also looking at duogliders as an option.

I have the Graco DuoGlide for my twins. Although I can't say I'm in love with it, it definitely serves its purpose for the activities you describe. It's always in the back of the van and makes Mall shopping and other trips like that much easier. I did take it on vacation last year, and ended up hating it for going in and out of little shops (too big and hard to navigate in tight places). I was with my mom and aunts so I had plenty of extra people to help push if I would have had two umbrella strollers instead. This year I plan on buying a couple of those to make trips like that a little easier. Long story short, the DuoGlide is affordable and perfect for the use you described.

I bought the Joovy Groove double umbrella stroller a few weeks ago. Love it. I have twins that are just over a year old. We had a Graco similar to yours and this one is much lighter and easier to maneuver. It fits through every doorway I've tried (which was a problem I saw with many side by side strollers). We got last year's model for $200 on amazon (the 2009 model out now is a bit more pricey). Good luck.

I have a really nice graco duoglider that has actual air tires with a spare tire that I am selling. It makes the pushing so much easier. I prefered the tandem stroller versus the side-by-side - which I currently use two umbrella strollers connected (I have twins). I have a hard time getting in door ways with the side-by-side so I have given it up to only use when we go somewhere where we can separate the strollers. But if you are interested in my stroller I can email you pictures and the price - its under what you want to spend, or you can even come over and check it out. I'm located in Ramsey.

I really think the sit and stand strollers are wonderful! We've had a back-to-back double stroller for a year or so and I'm planning to get rid of it to get a sit and stand type. We have a baby due in July and I think that type would be ideal to have a small child in the front and to give my older child a choice to sit or stand up... At least for my kids, it should work great since they don't always prefer to stay sitting in a stroller. It looks like a lot of the sit and stand strollers are around $150. Good luck making your choice.

Just a little advice on purchasing a double stroller: A side by side may be hard to maneuver in stores, with tight isles. I have a tandem stroller, that I love. I have a 2 year old and a almost 5 year old. The older one sits in the back seat all the time. I bought one that my 5 year old can get in and out of easily so I wouldn't have to lift her everytime she wanted to get in or out. It has been a great stroller. It is by Evenflo, I can't remember what it is called, but it is gray, with gray and yellow plaid accents. Check it out online.

Good Luck,

1 / 3