Good Way to Clean Foam Puzzle Mat

HI mamas! My son has this floor mat that is a giant foam puzzle, I am sure some of you have seen ones like it. Anyways, does anyone know a quick easy way to clean them besides just putting it in the tub and then letting it air dry? It gets pretty gross, especially underneath. I get to see it more often because my son keeps bringing me huge sections of the puzzle!

I have a friend that uses her wet Swiffer on hers.
Soap and water are really all that's needed. If there's some particular nasties on there, you could use a vinegar solution.
Fumes from chlorine bleach are harmful - think about how it burns your nose and throat when you breathe it in....not something you want to use to clean something that your kiddo will be on.

HTH
K., mama to
Catherine, 4
Samuel, 15m

for daily cleaning I use the floor vac. To get to the nitty gritty I use the wet swiffer, or if it is just a small area I use the Lysol wipes. once a week I pick them up and clean the floor underneath, and get them cleaned well. And just for extra measure I NEVER allow food in the bedroom both out of cleanliness and safety. Good luck.

I have these puzzle pieces too. Not trying to rain on your parade, but really all you can use is a little old fashioned elbow grease. That and some cleaner. I usually just hit mine with a hose and let them dry in the sun.
M. :)

If you have a small pressure washer (from Home Depot or so). Hit w/soap and water and let dry outside in the sun

Hi T..

We actually ripped up the carpet in our son's room before he was born and laid the foam tile pieces down as flooring. I usually just pull up the pieces and get a scrub brush and use a dilution of bleach and water. I take them outside to clean and use the hose on them to rinse. They take no time at all to dry, and sometimes I just dry them with towels. I love having this type of flooring instead of carpet because they are so easy to clean and they do not have places for bacteria to hide like carpet.

1 / 3