Gift Ideas for 1 Year Old Girl

Hi guys,
Just wanted to see if anyone has some good ideas to help out. My daughter is turning 1 this month. I need suggestions for gifts ranging in price from $5-$130 to be from grand parents and other family members. She has two older brothers so we have lots of the "Little People" type toys and all. I would like suggestions on anything, unique toys, furniture type things, room decor, really anything. Everyone always wants to know what to buy and I would like to tell them 'good' items rather than more stuff like we already have. Any ideas at all would be appreciated!
I have already tried to do the 'don't bring a gift' idea as well as the 'lets just donate rather than bring gifts'. Family members still bring gifts either way!

A little baby doll stroller! That was my daughter's favorite 1 year gift and now I give it to all of my friend's girls on their first birthdays--always a hit. They enjoy pushing EVERYTHING around in the stroller.

Also, a little kitchen is a good idea too

A little young for my idea, but she'll be ready before her 2nd birthday, I believe. The little kitchen set-up. Such varieties out there now. For now get the push toys like vacuum cleaner. If the boys don't have them, get the large Legos. Girls like to build, too.

Musical instruments and musical DVD's were always popular for us for years. We always had music/dance time while I was making dinner every night.

We have so many toys that I dreaded the girls getting more at the Holidays! You might want to can suggest "Gifts of Experience", such as a month of gymnastics, dance, lessons or a "Mommy and Me" class. Or perhaps an annual membership to a local kids musuem or other local attraction in your area/nearby area.

The fisher price laugh and learn home is great! My daugher got it at 14 months, still plays with it at 5 and so does my 20 month old. The 3 in 1 tricylce is also great. It can be a rocking toy with the handle folded under it. Unfold the handle and pull out the foot rest so grown ups can push. Take the handle off for a regular tricycle. I also ask for gift cards to babies r us and target instead of trying to guide relatives to the right size and type of clothes needed. The new bubble lawn mower from fisher price is also great. I also recommend a sand and water table for outside. Little Touch Leap Pad and books are also great for longevity.
Don't forget to ask for gift receipts. One year my daughter got many duplicate Dora items because everyone knew she loved Dora. Toys R Us won't do anything now without a receipt.

Ride on toys are great! A wagon, we love taking walks with ours. Get a zoo membership, Aquarium, those are good ideas also. Dollhouse bookshelf at Target is great! We love books, it has lots of storage space.

Really REALLY good picture books, or a book of children's poems, something that has the potential to be cherished for years and maybe even kept into adulthood. I know in my family, almost all the toys eventually got tossed, but my favorite books, as well as those of both my parents, still grace the bookshelves. My boys (2 and 5) recently had birthdays and there was just Too Many Toys. They don't even really appreciate them when they get so much at once. And when they already have toys cluttering the place, it just makes it hard to find what they really want - they get overwhelmed, and they're always having to "clean up! clean up!" So, the last 4-5 birthday parties, I've been giving books - just books. But very carefully selected ones.

Another good idea (if it's not too pricy) is an annual membership to the Fernbank Museum, or the zoo, or a nearby nature center. That's something that the whole family can enjoy over and over. My in-laws gave my 5-year-old a session at summer camp for his birthday present, which we really couldn't afford at the time, so it was GREATLY appreciated. But it doesn't have to be that extravagant.

I like the idea of "experience" gifts, it can even be a one-time day trip or special outing, or some "classes" at Music Together or Little Gym, or just a special day with the grandparents all to herself (no siblings for a change). It's even better for the older kids, because they'll hold on to those memories (even if it isn't a trip to Disney World.)

The gift that both of mine loved best, and that their friends have really loved, was their own kid-size easy chairs. You can get more pricey ones at Pottery Barn, and more affordable from Babies R Us. Kids love kid-size things. My kids finally outgrew their little easy chairs and have matching kid-size ones from IKEA. They're still a favorite.

Contributions to a college fund would be nice.

How about a play kitchen. All little girls like them and her brothers could play with it also. Good luck!

1 / 3