Fun, Very Inexpensive Anniversary Ideas

My husband and I are celebrating our 4th anniversary and I am looking for something to do. My daughter is going to stay with my grandparents for a few days so we will be all alone (doesn't happen much). I want to plan something special but we are currently doing the Dave Ramsey money makeover so we are living on rice and beans=) I need something fun and free or nearly free. Help moms =)

This is an article from jaunted.com describing the place to watch planes come into DFW now. This is free and romantic too!

Dallas/Fort Worth International for many years had an outdoor observation area called Founders' Plaza where locals and visitors on layovers could enjoy a picnic and watch planes come and go. Later this month, a new Founders' Plaza will open on the northwest side of DFW, with shaded pavilions and speakers hooked into a feed from the airport's air traffic controllers.

The new mini park will celebrate its rebirth with a performance by Olympic gold medalist Carly Patterson on September 17. Meanwhile, DFW is asking aviation obsessives to post photo memories of the plaza online.

Oh, and if you're not in it for the plane spotting, keep in mind that Founders' Plaza was once named the Dallas-Fort Worth area's "Best Place to Make Out."

My husband and I have started using 'no object' celebrations for each other's birthday, anniversary, valentine's and holiday gifts... as in we take our camera (the last big present we bought) to the store and take pictures of the things we would buy if money were no object - then write why we would get that thing. I.E. He would buy me a car wash pass so that I didn't have to worry about my van looking like a trash heap. I would buy him a new leather jacket.. or a lap top, because he is out in the cold, and his computer is sloooooow. Get the picture? Costs less than 10 bucks between film and developing if you share a roll.

Go to the Gaylord and walk around...it is fun just to walk around! It is 10.00 to park but any of the restaurants will validate your parking. Some cool things to walk around and see. They have a sports bar that we ate at. We actually ate outside. You could just get an appetizer or split a meal...other nicer restaurants but if you are being money conscious. My friend and I went just for fun, ate outside and watched people. We went during the day...but it is so pretty with all the lights at night. Take your camera and take some fun pics to remember your anniversary. Lots of water and lights!
I plan on going back with my hubby...at night---the ice sculptures are back in November.

Enjoy and congrats!

My husband and I just celebrated our 1 year annivesary this past weekend without the kids and we are also short on cash.

We ended up going to the dollar movie here in Irving since we haven't been to the movies in forever, and then went to dinner. We also went and fed the ducks at the park and just had a good time being together by ourselves.

We also slept in late and made breakfast together and that was really nice just being able to be alone at home.

Go over by the airport and watch the airplanes land at night. I did a long time ago and it was the neatest thing. I wish I could tell you exactly where to go, but I know there are some spots that are really good at DFW for watching them land and take off.
You could do a picnic if you wanted to in the early evening.

1 / 3