Foods That Start with the Letter L

every year for work we have to bring a dish to pass. last year it had to be something that started with the first letter of your first name. mine is R no problem this year it has to start with the first letter of your middle name which is a L. i have no idea. the only thing i can think of is lobster and im not going to bring that for 30 people to eat. if you can think of anything let me know.

so i found a recipe on kraft foods.com for lasagna. thanks for all the recipes they all sound good. the one im going to make is really EASY.

Anything with lemon or lime...lemon cake, tortes, pie.
Lettuce, lentil soup or with rice?
I don't know...lucky charms? ha ha ha

Ok I am new at this so take it for what it is worth.. i have a sense of humor... I would take a Lettuce salad with a lemon or lime dressing. when asked if it is a salad the answer is no, it is lettuce.

just a thought....

How about any food that falls into the legume category?

Or

lamb, liver, limes, lemons, lentils, linguini, lox, langostini, lobster, lychee, ladyfingers, lancashire hot pot, langues-de-chat, lardons, liason, loin, lavash, linseed, loaves of bread, lollipops, leavened bread, lemongrass..

Lasagna... unless it's a capital "I" and then I'd say: Ice Cream cake!

Good Luck. By the way the middle options I happened to google :-) gotta give credit where credit is due.

~K.

Well I was thinking about a dessert like lemon bars... What about Lemon chicken??? Just a thought...

Also...my favorite place to find ANY recipe...is www.allrecipes.com
once you learn to navigate it...it is the BEST place to find ANYTHING.

Or

~K.

Lasagna, linguini, lemon pie, lemon chicken, loaded potato -skins, soup, (linguini could be just Linguini with any sauce-it's cheap and easy)

Libby's Pumpkin Roll. Delish and oretty easy, here's a recipe.

CAKE:
1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 cup walnuts (optional), chopped

FILLING:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter or margarine (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter), softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)

FOR CAKE:
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.

COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.

BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.

FOR FILLING:
BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.

lasagna, linguine with a meat or marinara sauce,

Hi R.,

There is always Lasagna, Linguine and Lemon Chicken. Lemonade for a drink. Good luck and have fun at your work party.

linguine
lettuce wraps
lo mein
lentil something
put 'luscious' in front of any recipe title you make :)
lemon cake, pudding,cookies, etc

just a thought....

Nobody said Lima Beans!!! :)

R. here are a couple of idea's:
Lemon meringue pie, a lettuce salad, lasagna, linguine, or as a treat licorice. Good luck!

Lemon? lasagna? lima beans (well if you dont like someone), long pasta, linguini, layer cakes

How about a nice Lentil stew with herbed dumplings. I think there is a good recipe for that on epicurious.com or recipzaar. Maybe lettuce wraps? Buttercrunch or bib lettuce filled with a spicy chicken mixture or some other nice filling. Lime jello if you need something simple. It's cooling and cleansing to the pallet.

How about Lobsterand Crab stuffed Mushrooms?
very tasty and lots less expensive then lobster for 30. You might want to double or triple it depending on the crowd.

Lobster and Crab stuffed Mushrooms
INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup melted butter, divided
1 pound fresh mushrooms, stems removed
1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
1 pound lobster tail, cleaned and chopped
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Brush a large baking sheet with about 1/4 cup of melted butter. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer over the baking sheet.
In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed croutons, remaining 1/2 cup butter, shredded cheese, crabmeat, lobster and garlic. Spoon into mushroom caps where the stems used to be.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned on the top. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired, and serve hot!

How about Lemon Bars? There are lots of recipes in Google! Hope that helps!
Have fun!

Hello

Here is a list for you

Lasagna

Lemon meringue pie

Anything that starts with Lemon/Lime
Lemon Bars
1/3 cup of margarine or butter
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of all purpose flour
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of finely shredded lemon peel
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
Powdered sugar, optional

Beat margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of the sugar. Beat until combined. Beat in the 1 cup flour until crumbly. Press into bottom of an ungreased 8x8x2 inch baking pan. Bake in a 350ºF. oven for 15 to 18 minutes or just until golden. Meanwhile, combine the eggs, the remaining sugar, the 2 tablespoons of flour, lemon peel, juice, and baking powder. Beat for 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Pour over hot baked layer. Bake in a 350ºF. oven for about 20 minutes more or until lightly browned around the edge and the center is set. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, sift powdered sugar over top. Cut into bars. Makes 20

Linguine

Recipe name:
layered dinner

Yield:
8 servings

Ingredients:
Potatoes, sliced 6 ea
Onion, sliced 1 lg
Carrots, sliced 2 ea
Green bell pepper, sliced 1 ea
Zucchini, sliced 1 ea
Corn, frozen or fresh 1 c
Peas, frozen or fresh 1 c
Mushrooms
Broccoli
Green beans
Tomato sauce 2 1/2 c
Tamari 1/4 c
Thyme 1 ts
Dry mustard 1 ts
Basil 1 ts
Chili powder 2 ts
Cinnamon 1/2 ts
Sage 1/8 ts
Parsley flakes 2 tb

Preparation:
OPTIONAL VEGETABLES
SAUCE
Layer vegetables in large casserole in order given.
Mix together ingredients for sauce and pour over vegetables.
Cook six hours at high or 12 at low.
Recipe name:
layered mexican dip

Yield:
10 servings

Ingredients:
(1 cn) Refried Beans 16 oz
Yogurt 1 c
Taco Seasoning 1/2 pk
Avacodos (Can Use 4) * 3 ea
Sour Cream 1 c
Grated Cheddar Cheese 1 x
Finely Chopped Tomatoes 1 x

Preparation:
* Mash avocados with lemon juice to prevent darkening.
~--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layer refried beans on bottom of a quich dish or other flat sided dish.
Then layer the avocados; mix yougurt and sour cream with taco seasoning
for next layer. Top with grated cheese. Last layer is chopped tomatoes.
Serve with dipping chips.
Recipe name:
lettuce salad

Yield:
4 Servings

Ingredients:
Lettuce 1 ea
A few spring onions
Olive oil 3 tb
White vinegar 1 tb
Salt 1/2 ts
Black pepper 1 pn
Basil 1/2 ts
Chopped garlic 1/2 ts

Preparation:
Wash lettuce & separate the leaves. Allow to drain. Beat the rest
of the ingredients in a bowl. Add lettuce leaves & turn them gently
so that all the leaves become coated with the dressing.
Jack Santa Maria, Greek Vegetarian Cookery

Recipe name:
lime delicious cheesecake

Yield:
10 Servings

Ingredients:
Zwieback toast crumbs 1 1/4 c
Margarine, melted 1/3 c
Cold water 1/4 c
Large eggs, separated 3 ea
Grated lime peel 1 1/2 t
Thawed whipped topping 2 c
Sugar 2 T
Env. unflavored gelatin 1 ea
Lime juice 1/4 c
Sugar 1/2 c
Light neufchatel cheese,soft 16 oz

Preparation:
Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch
spring- form pan. Bake at 325 degrees F., 10 minutes. Cool. Soften
gelatin in water, stir over low heat until dissolved. Add juice, egg
yolks, 1/4 c sugar and peel; cook, stirring constantly, over medium
heat 5 minutes. Cool. Gradually add gelatin mixture to the softened
Light Neufchatel cheese, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer,
until well blended. Stir in a few drops of green food coloring, if
desired. Beat egg whites until foamy; gradually add remaining sugar,
beating until stiff peaks form Fold egg whites and whipped topping
into neufchatel cheese mixture, pour over crust. Chill until firm.
Garnish with additional lime peel, if desired.

Or you can be really funny and make a "L" shape cake.. lol

Lentil Soup

Here are some ideas:

lasagna
layered salad
layered cake

Linguini,lasagnia,lemon drop cookies

LASAGNA
LOLLIPOPS
LETTUCE (you could bring a salad)
LENTILS (soup!)
LUNCHMEAT (a deli tray)

Lettuce, lentil soup or with rice?
I don't know...lucky charms? ha ha ha

R.,

I'm sure more than one person has already suggested Lasagna. But there are also desserts that have Lemon or Key Lime Pie (emphasis on LIME). Or Liver is another item to consider, though I don't know how many people will like it - unless it's a pate.

Just some suggestions.

M. L
Detroit, MI

MMmmmmm....lemon bars.

What a fun way to set up a potluck! This could be interesting for you. I suggest lemon bars. Here's my recipe.

Lemon Bars

1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons flour(seperately for the cup mentioned earlier)
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Powdered sugar(optional)

Beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of sugar, and beat until combined. Add the cup of flour and beat until crumbly. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes, or until just golden.
Meanwhile combine eggs, the remaining sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, lemon peel, juice, and baking powder. Beat for 2 minutes, or until really well blended. Pour over the hot baked layer.
Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until lightyly browned around the edges and center is set. Cool completely. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into bars.

I know it looks like a labor intensive recipe, but it's not really. For your event, I would suggest doubling the recipe, and making them in a 9x13 cake pan instead.

How about Lasagna, not to expensive :)
Or make a Loaf of Bread. Or how about a dessert made with Lady Fingers. I would say Liver, but can you say YUCK!! Or Lambchops, but I've never made them and don't know the cost. You could make Christmas Lollipops out of Chocolate. Lemon Merigne (sp??) Pie.
I hope I've helped you out some :)

Hi R. can it be a desert dish if so Lemon bars are easy and you can make a lot, if not what about Linguini again easy and you can make a lot. Hope this helps.

Lasagna, lettuce (LOL), lima beans, lemon pie, Life cereal, i know some of these r just funny that i thought of but either lasagna or lemon pie, cupcakes, cake something like that. i hope that helps let us know what u make.

Lasagna
Linguini (could be served with spaghetti sauce)
Lawash (sp?) sandwiches

I know there is a meal call Linguini maybe you can try making this for your xmas party at work.It's an Italian meal.

try lasagna or a big salad (lettuce)