Finger Food Ideas for Large (100) People Party HELP!!!

I am looking for some simple ideas for a holiday party. I am hosting an after-party in one week, it will start about 9pm. I am on a budget. But would like to be able to put some wonderful ideas of food on the table. I like simple and easy because as you see once again I am cutting it short and running out of time.

Thank you! thank you! thank you! for all of your help! Just to let you guys know. I was hosting the after party for the famous "Smoother Brothers" Everything turned out great. I went to Sams like most of you guys suggested and I stayed under $200.00. For the food. I did get reciepe for some meatballs that is awesome. This would be great for anything! Let me know if you need it. Thank you again for everyones help!!!!!

Hummus & Pita chips or pita slices
Potstickers
Assortment of Olives
Block of cream cheese w/ crackers-- can cover with
Raspberry Chipotle sauce - yum
Salsa
Jalepeno Jelly
or spread on crackers and top with sweet jalepenos
Cream cheese stuffed jalepenos
mini frozen quiches
Antipasti (cheese, meat, peppercinis (sp?) etc)
Baguette slices with bruschetta (tomatoes, fresh basil, onion, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic etc)

Package of breadsticks
Bacon
Parmesan Cheese

Wrap raw strips of bacon around breadsticks. Place on microwave plate and microvwave until bacon is cooked. Remove and roll in parmesan cheese. Store in cup or jar standing up.

Easy to make.....tasty treats.....always a great hit.

This is a great dessert. Buy the filo dough mini cups (freezer section), Bake them to the directions. The filling is cream cheese mixed with condensed milk (the thick creamy stuff), after it is mixed add mini chocolate morsals. put filling in baked cups and you have a tasty dessert. Good luck.

We recently did this for my father's retirement party and purchased almost everything we needed at Sams - we were all surprised and the price and quality. Bag of meatballs with crushed pineapple or grape jelly and 1 container of bbq sauce in a crock pot or chafing dish for hawaiian meatballs; pinwheel wraps pre-made in sams' club freezer (less expensive, faster and better than making them ourselves we felt); pre-made spinach dip in large container from sams heated and served in scooped-out bread bowl; queso or artichoke dip with canned crab added in second crock pot or chafing dish; fresh fruit tray from sams served with melted chocolate (fondue pot helps but concolate fondue pots/chafing dishes are very inexpensive and sell at any drugstore or target/walmart); assorted breads, crackers, veggie & cheese tray, also all available from sams. We splurged on shrimp for shrimp cocktail, but it was affordable after all the other deals. We might have also had finger sandwiches or hot wings, I cannot recall for sure. Very little cooking, mostly just heating some things and setting them out in a nice arrangement and hiding all of the plastic containers and trays so no one would know! ;) Good luck!

I make these for every party and reception and they are always the thing everyone wants the recipe for.

Buy frozen meatballs and cook them in the oven per package instructions. Then put them in a large crockpot.

In a skillet, melt a large jar of grape jelly. Then add an equal amount of chili sauce (I buy Heintz . . . it's in a bottle and looks like ketchup). Then I tweak it by adding more of one or the other until I get the taste I want.

Pour over the meatballs and keep on warm for the event.

Easy, easy . . . good, good!

I also always do the pinwheels and I see that you have quite a few recommendations for them.

And I usually make a spinach-artichoke dip and serve with chips and toasted slices of baguette and I usually have a fruit and cheese tray. If I have time I make cherry tomatoes stuffed with chicken salad and pepperoncinis stuffed with tuna salad.

And, as has been suggested, you usually can't go wrong with deviled eggs.

I also sometimes make the cocktail weiners in the crock pot.

Put 3 lbs of weiners in the pot. Add one cup brown sugar, one cup chili sauce and one cup bourbon. Cook for at least 3 hours. Mmmmmm, good!

Sams is great. They have all of these below.

cheese cubes / squares -variety
olives
crackers - variety
mini eggrolls
pretzels

Nancy's appetizers
little quiches
Seafood Crab Cakes
Mushroom Turnovers
Spinach Cheese Stars
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=2463

nuts
bakliva (sweet dessert pastry)
rugalah
Spanakopita

These take a little time, but they're different and are always a huge hit at our parties. Wrap little smokies with a piece of bacon (i usually cut them into thirds) secure with a toothpick, put in a cake pan close together, cover the top with brown sugar, bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. I usually drain the grease half way through baking.

Good luck with your party!

I got this recipe from my mom, made these meatballs for a party a couple of weeks ago and they were gone soooo fast! Very easy!

frozen meatballs (I used 2 of the larger bags)
1 jar orange marmalade
1 jar barbecue sauce (choose whatever variety you want, depending on your taste)
1 tsp - 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper (more or less to taste)

Put everything in the crock pot at least 4-5 hours. Yum!

Package of breadsticks
Bacon
Parmesan Cheese

I just glanced at the other posts, but here are my ideas:

Mix 1 block of cream chesse with 1 can of Rotel
Then mix. Serve with chips or crackers
This is the easiest receipe and very cheap, plus people love it.
Spinach dip w/ chips
Little smokies
cheese and crackers
veggie tray
cut up fruit w/ dip

1 / 3