Finding a Good Double Stroller

I am pregnant and am looking for a good double stroller. My son will be 4 months away from turing 4 when the baby is born. He is very active but a very good little boy. I don't usually put him in a stroller too often but I have to when we go to the mall etc. So, for times like that I need a double one I think. I am wondering what double kind of stroller people have used and which ones they liked and which ones they didn't like. Also, should I buy a new travel system stroller for the baby, or just use the double one? Thank you for any advice that you can offer

You definitely need a stroller! I would recmmend the one that holds the infant, but lets the older one either stand or sit. I believe it is by Graco!

I would have to agree with those who suggested the Sit-N-Stand by baby Trend. One Step Ahead also has one. The older children like to feel like a big person so the option of sitting on a reg. seat (one that does not look like the one the baby is sitting in) or standing up is a good compromise. Graco is nice too, but it does not have as many options as the Sit-N- Stand.

I will be getting one in a couple of months.

I've used a Graco double stroller and it is well made and works well. The only down side is that it takes up a considerable amount of trunk space. Several friends of mine with a new born and a 4 year old have bought a stroller with an infant carrier system that has a place for the older child to sit and be strapped in or stand. They found this at Target for about $120. I think this system converts to a regular stroller without the infant carrier and will take up less trunk space.

V. J.
Mother of 4
10, 8, 3 & 1 month

J., My daughter had just turned four and we bought a double stroller. We never used it! I actually just gave it to my brother. I think if I had of gotten the sit to stand model, I would have used it more. That gives the older child the option to sit or stand while Mommy pushes the children.

Hi J.. We received the Sit 'n Stand Elite Stroller from onestepahead.com as a gift when our daughter was born. This is a wonderful double stroller as it allows your older child the option of sitting or standing. Plus it makes them feel SO big! The nice thing about this double is that it can fit most infant car seats. We use this one a lot when traveling as well as normal daily activities. It is pricey, but a really nice stroller. Hope this helps.

Don't know about double strollers as my boys are 6 years apart, but with my 2nd I did get a Combi....they are great little things. Can go almost anywhere and fold up nice and small, not one of the huge ones that I had to lug around with my 1st. I do know that they make the double though.
R. A.

We have a Graco DuoGlider double stroller and absolutely love it!! We looked at several double strollers and decided on Graco so we could use our infant carrier with it and because of the HUGE storage area underneath. This stroller looks exactly like ours except our pattern is different.

http://www.babyage.com/products/6l00dai3_graco_graco_duog...

There are some new stand and ride strollers out now. Since your son is 4 and active it might be great for you. The front is a stroller for a smaller child (and most of these strollers are adaptable with a carrier so you can just snap the carrier in like you would a regular stroller.) On the back is a standing platform w/ a fold away seat. That way if your 4 year old is tired of walking he can sit. And if you need to keep him close but he doesn't want to sit, he can stand on the platform. I saw one for the first time at an amusement park. Then I started noticing them in stores and on-line. My husband and I are trying for a baby. We have a 4 1/2 year old daughter. I've already said that I'm getting the sit and stand type stroller when we need one.

M. A

I found double strollers to be very awkward to use in crowded places like a mall. May I suggest, a baby carrier for the new baby and a single stroller for the toddler, or even one baby carrier on your back for the toddler, and one on your front for the baby, or you wear one, hubby wears the other. I rarely used a stroller, carriers are so much easier to use, they go anywhere, without the bulk of a stroller. Ever try pushing a stroller through gravel? Or up an escalator? Maneuver through crowded narrow aisles? Of course a stroller is easier on your back, and great for walks around the neighborhood, but never in crowds. Also, there are some places, like mueseums, & restaurants, animal houses at the Zoo that don't allow strollers inside. I have a Snugli & a Napsack that I like a lot. Slings seem to be the rage right now, but I like Hands-free carriers better.

Target has a double one on sale right now for $129 that the back part can be taken out for a toddler to stand. im looking into it b/c my dd will be 2 a few days after this one arrives in 3 weeks and doesn't really like the stroller that well but at times it is needed

1 / 3