Dinosaur Themed Party for a 3 Year Old - Food Ideas?

Hi!
I am planning a dinosaur themed party for my soon to be 3 year old. Anyone out there have creative food ideas? Dino dogs, salad can be called herbivore food, etc.
Thanks so much!!!

You could separate the food with signs
herbivores - fruit, veggie tray, salad
carnivores - hot dogs, burgers, meat tray, meat balls, chicken legs

We did a dinosaur themed party for my 2 year old in April. We did the dinosaur chicken nuggets (Tyson makes them, but Super Target's Market Pantry brand also makes them) even the adults at the party loved the nuggets. Also if you can find them the Robin's eggs (malt chocolate eggs like you can get for easter) I put those in a bowl and they kind of looked like dinosaur eggs. I did a lime sherbet punch that was green. We had cupcakes with dinosaur figures as the toppers. We had dinosaur shaped fruit snacks in the goodie bags also. Some type of salad would be good also

I make a "dirt and mud" trifle sometimes....layer chocolate cake chunks with cool whip, chocolate pudding (mud), and crushed oreo cookie layers (dirt), throw some gummy worms on top and put some inside the trifle and put a plastic dinosaur and/or plastic trees on top to decorate. Use a large glass bowl, looks very festive!

-Dino shaped chicken nuggets (Wal-Mart or Raley's)
-You can get a dinosaur cookie cutter and cut shapes out of cheese singles ( cheddar, american).
-Dinosaur shaped cookies (you make or buy)
-chocolate covered raisins (their droppings or is that just too gross?)
-fruit punch (dinos favorite drink...unless you have white carpet. ha )
-Have fun!

They might be too young to appreciate how CUTE these are, but check these out! http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/04/dinosaur-eggs/

Off the top of my head, my son loves those dinosaur chicken nuggets. They are made more healthy than the typical Foster Farms ones (I think they may be organic). I buy them at Fresh N' Easy, but I think you can get them at Costco and other places.

How funny, I just saw this today and thought it was such a cute idea:

http://www.parents.com/recipes/cooking/kid-friendly-food/...

I would use cucumber instead of cabbage though. I love MommyJane's dinosaur eggs :) How fun! Good Luck

The Dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets are also sold at Costco! FYI
I'm also thinking food shaped like dino bones would be cute!

1 / 3