Dentists - Westmont,IL

Hi everyone. I read your questions and answers almost everyday and you are all so helpful I am hoping that you can help me this time. I am looking for a good, trustworthy dentist in the downers grove area. I thought I had a good dentist. Over the last few months I have had a ton of trouble with them. They had given my daughter a root canal a few years back and never crowned it because f her age, well a few months back she started having pain and he keep giving her pain killers, we brought her in and he never took an x-ray, well I ended up at emergency dental and they had to pull it as it had a HUGE abses. The same happened to me . hey gave me a root canal and a crown and a month later the crown feel off and he said " oh well, you need an implant) just like that. After gong throw the stress , pain and cost of the root canal and crown. This dentist also does billing later only to find out they over charged me 1,200.00 and I am the one dealing with the insurance and dentist on a weekly basis. It is truly a mess. I need a lot of work done. I probably need a implant now along with some major and minor work. I'm afraid to trust anyone now. Please if you know of anyone that you like and trust I would truly appreciate their name and number. I'm afraid if I don;t hurry I may be loosing more teeth then I can afford to.
Thanks so much

Dr. James McKee in Downers Grove is great. I have been going to him for over 10 years and have been very happy with him. I did have some necessary work done and have been very pleased with the outcome. He is on 63rd and Main Street. Good luck!

Dr. Nicole Kott in Lombard is fantastic. She doesn't do stuff that doesn't need to be done and is very trustworthy. I've been going to her for 10 years. We are very happy with her. She's just north of Yorktown mall on Highland Ave so that shouldn't be bad from Downers. I drive from Bolingbrook and it's definitely worth it.

H.

Michael Moore in Lisle is good. However, he doesn't do any oral surgery - they refer out a few different ones based on location.

Hands down, Dr. John O'Connell on York Road in Hinsdale across from McDonalds. ###-###-####. I went to his dad starting at age 5 (I am now 49) and have been going to him for at least the last 20 years. My girls (ages 10 and 14) are always asking me if it is time to get there dental check up yet? Neither of them have any cavaties and I believe it is because he has been proactive in sealing their teeth. I have recommended him to firends, who in turn have recommended him to their friends. Great guy, great dentist, great office! Plus they take care of the insurance! Good Luck!

Not sure how far you want to drive, but I take my kids to Grove Dental in Bolingbrook (I know they have other offices, too, but not sure where). I'm very satisfied with them. Regardless of where you go, I would recommend a pediatric dentist for your daughter. I had taken my oldest son faithfully every six months to a regular dentist. Then one day, one of his molars cracked. I brought him to a pediatric dentist, and found it had been rotting from the inside. They said a lot of regular dentists just don't have the right sized equipment for little kids (the other dentist had never taken an x-ray, or they would've caught the decay early).

I had some horrible experiences with a dentist out of Oak Brook, and lost two teeth due to his imcompetency. I was TERRIFIED to even go to another dentist. I'm happy to say, I have found a FANTASTIC dentist, locally. I don't know if your willing to travel to Lombard, but if so, he owns Lombard Dental Arts, Main St. Lombard, Dr. Randy Scarpiniti. I needed 3 crowns & 2 implants plus numerous fillings & a major cleaning. He is fantastic, I've gotten ALL of my work (except implants, working on it), done & had NO pain, NO problems. Everyone in the office is friendly, professional, actually check with your insurance BEFORE doing any work. I believe they offer free consultations?/? and give you a print out of ALL costs before any work is done. Dr. Randy does wonderful work & Betty (office mgr.) is the sweetest person! Their ph# is: ###-###-####. By the way, I referred my Mom (89 y/o), and my daughter to this dentist & their VERY happy with him. I can't say enough good things about them. Good luck to you!!!

Try Fred McQuire on Ogden. ###-###-####
His office is over by Trader Joes and Panera Bread. We love him! I have Bell's Palsy, which makes the muscles on the left side of my face a little stiff and he worked with me to replace a crown on the side. He's very aware of the impact he's having on you while he works and works hard to make you comfortable. My husband and I like him enough that he will be our daughter's dentist when she is old enough to go.

Grove Dental is awesome. They have 4 locations (Downers Grove, Bolingbrook, Wheaton and Lombard) : http://www.grovedental.com/dentist-downers-grove.html. They have an adult side and a pediatric side and they also have Greneral Dentists, Pediatric Dentists, Orthodontists, Oral Surgeons, Periodontists and Endodontists.

They are abolutely wonderful. I make my appointment the same time as my kids and if the kids are finished before me, they occupy the kids until I'm done.

They work M-Sat

Grove Dental Associates
6800 Main Street, Suite 315
Downers Grove, IL 60516
###-###-####

P.S. We've never been over-charged at all.

Dr Diane Talentowski ###-###-####, on Hillgrove, just off Wolf Road in Western Springs -- found her at Loyola, and now she has this office further west -- knowledgeable, gentle, reasonable, years of practice, and since she teaches at Loyola she is up to date on the newest techniques.

1 / 3