Cloth Diapers - Grand Junction,CO

We have been thinking about doing cloth diapers but there are so many different brands, web sites, stores ect. Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on cloth diapers which ones to use not to use. We really aren't sure what to do, we thought that it might save us some money. If anyone has any information or suggestions please help us!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for being so helpful.....looks like I have a lot of shopping around to do but at least I'm not going it to this blind. Thanks again for all of your help and support!!!

I used cloth diapers on my first born(who is now almost 10).I used a diaper service,where you could take the dirty ones and exchange for clean ones.Personally I think that is the only way to go.Consider the time and cost of washing all the soiled ones.Good Luck!!

First off Congratulations on your upcoming arrival! We are using cloth diapers with our first child and will be for the second also! Kim is right, it took us three types of diapers before we found the right fit. My favorite site and the one we “belong” to is cotton babies. The address is www.cottonbabies.com They sell most of the new cotton diapers. and have most brands as a trial diaper so you can see for yourself! We found that the fuzzi bunz are the best for our little guy. He is 2 and a heavy heavy wetter! Most people we talk to who use cloth find that fuzzi bunz work for them also. Also remember these are not our mom's diapers, there is no soaking them in water or dipping in the potty! With the fuzzi bunz we just toss them in the wash in one load and follow the directions! The nice thing about cotton babies is that you can join their growing up in cotton for 5 dollars and do a trade in from once size to the next! I will tell you that when we are on vacation I tend to not use them simply because of having to find a laundry to wash! When we do travel we use a flushable diaper called a g diaper, www.gdiaper.com it has a nice “outer” shell that can be easily hand washed and the insert can be flushed away! The nice thing about the G is that you can buy them at whole foods! Great luck with your choice! If you have any questions please feel free to email me!

A.

I have used cloth diapers since my 6 month year old daughter was born - so, I am still new to them. I did a little research and chose fuzzi bunz http://www.fuzzibunz.com and I bought them on ebay. I have been really happy with them because they are easy to put on and wash. I also use disposable liners by Kushies http://www.kushiesonline.com/Flushable-Biogradable-Diaper..., which is great for poopy diapers - because you can flush the liners, which takes away most of the mess.

Good Luck,

I have 4 kids. With our first we sat down with my mother-in-law to price out cloth (which she used) vs. disposable diapers. Her opinion to us was that with each kid you need to rebuy the cloth diapers, so each time you have that expense, plus the cost of laundry detergent, wear and tear of the machine, water & electricity to run the machine. Not to mention the time to fold the things. Any way long story short, my husband is a computer geek, he writes programs. So he calculates all of "cost" over the kids "diaper life" and figured if I could get the diapers for a certain price, then I should buy disposables. I buy the cheap walmart diapers, no problems with them. They are just as good as expensive brands, and I don't really have the time to fold all those diapers anyways. So before you buy cloth, really look at the cost of not just the supplies, but the wear and tear of your machine and the cost of your time to take care of them. My number 4 is a 1 year old. We are stressed granite, but I could never imagine having to do cloth diapers with him let alone any of my other kids. So to all you cloth diaper fanatics...you don't know what your missing...it is called time!!!!

Hi L. -

I used cloth with both of my kids with great success. I think what kind you use really depends on your situation. I started out with fitteds and wool, but when I went back to work used all in ones w/ the sitter. You should check out www.diaperswappers.com - it's a great message board with lots of information (and tons for sale) - you can get some really great deals there. You can email or pm me, too, if you have more questions, I love to talk diapers! Good luck and congrats on your upcoming new arrival!

Kim

Congrats on the baby boy! I recommend trying Rump-a-Rooz. They are made locally here in Colorado. (They are also the maker of the RooPocket baby sling). They are completely customizable with several styles, materials, colors and prints to choose from. They are SO cute! Check out the website at:
http://www.rumparooz.com/

I hope this helps! I know the woman that makes these so if you use her tell her A. sent you!

I use cloth and you are right there are tons of options. I bought some of my stuff at www.babycottonbottoms.com and know that the www.diaperpin.com and http://www.mothering.com/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=221 are GREAT resources. I grew up in Grand Junction and would recommend Dr. Harriet Soper-Porter. I would go to her if I lived in the area. Also go to a La Leche Leage, http://www.lllusa.org/COWY/GrandJunctionCO.html, meeting for breast feeding, those moms often times are cloth diapering babywearing types(at least the groups I am in are). Best of luck.

Earth Smart Diaper Service is GREAT! There are alot of diapers out there. Most of my friends and clients use Fuzzibuns though. With Earth Smart, they are local and will pick up the diapers and such each week so you don't have to clean them. http://www.earthsmartdiaperservice.com/

1 / 3