Breast Pump - Stamford,CT

Which is the best breast pump on the market?

Medella...I got the back pack one. I worked full time when I was using it with my first one (have a second one coming but now working 4 days a wee). So I really started using it when the baby was 3 months when I went back to work. But I was working full time down on wallstreet. I pumped 2-3 x a day at work and put the milk in the cooler and toted it back and forth. Extracted all milk and I was able to solely breast feed my child (no formula) for the first 6 months and continued to breast feed until he was 2.5.

Depends on your needs. If you will be pumping every day while at work, like I did, I would recommend a double electric pump. I use the Medela Pump in Style and have been happy with it (2 children).

I used the Avent pump and wouldn't have any other one. I have tried the Medula and others and found that they don't match up to the Avent which is small, compact, easy to use one-handed, and I comfortable to use. Some of the other ones caused discomfort, the Avent doesn't.

I love my Medela. It's easy, comfortable, and came with a cool backpack. Sounds silly, but I found the backpack really useful! When you travel with your pump, you often have plenty of other junk to haul on your shoulders.

PS The Lansinoh bags are the best, though! They hold more milk.

Avent Isis

It has a soft suction-like insert that mimmicks baby's sucking. It also makes it gentle on the breasts. I've tried others like Medela and thought my nipples were going to be ripped off! I've use my Isis with all three of my children now. It has definitely been worth the money.

Hi P.,

I had the Avent Isis manual pump when I had my daughter 3 1/2 years ago. I loved the pump!

Now I just had a baby boy 4 months ago and I couldn't tolerate the Avent pump. My husband went and purchased me the Medela pump in style Advanced Pump and it is wonderful!!!! It's such a great pump. I love the fact that it is dual. I am done pumping within 10 minutes. I highly recommend this pump. The only downfall to this pump is it is costly. It ran aout $300 for the pump. It is soooooooooooo worth it though. I would never go back to a manual pump again. The only other problem I had with this pump is the flanges. I had to buy two different sizes before I had the correct one. No, big deal though. Easy cleaning, came in a shoulder bag, and you can plug it into an outlet, use battery pack, or you can purchase car adapter for it. I've been using this pump for the last 4 months and love it!!!

I was an exclusive pumper for 6 months. Part of that time I used a hospital rental of the medela symphony, which was really the best, and easy to rent, about $60 a month, but still cheaper than formula. That's really the gold standard. I used that to get my supply started. Once it was started, I owned and used the Medela Pump In Style, which was great.

Hello P.,

Rent a hospital grade Medela double pump - you will be happy you did :)

Cheers,
R.

1 / 3