Books - River Falls,WI

I jsut finished reading the twillight series and I loved the books. I read all 4 of them in 2 weeks. I am looking for sugesstions of other books that might live up to twillight. Thanks for your help.

T.,
If you're into vampires now, which it's hard to not be after Twilight, read Ann Rice's series starting with Interview with the Vampire. Great series - much more "grown up" than Twilight, and different insights into the world of vampires.

I'm with you on Twililight. I didn't want it to end! Try the next book by Stephanie Meyer called The Host. It starts out a bit sci-fi but it's really got some good messages about love, friendship, liberty vs. tyranny, etc. Great read!

Hello,
I also read the Twilight series and loved it. if you like that kind of vampire love story you will love these books: They are a 6 book series, the 1st is called Dark Lover, by J.R Ward, they are the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. These are more for the adults and are amazing you will love them. They are really cheap books you can find almost anywhere, you wont want to put them down

Twilight got me HOOKED on reading! I have never been a big reader but OMG! I have been reading several book series they are adult books though. Blackdagger Brotherhood by JR Ward, Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian, Dark Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon, & Immortals Afterdark by Kresley Cole all I have enjoyed... Some are more explict than others but there are big followings in most of them. I bought the first book in the Southern Vampire Mysteries after watching the first season of True Blood on HBO and really wasn't impressed at ALL... Good luck!

I just finished the series as well - it was fabulous!

The harry potter series is amazing. Next I think I'm going to start "the alchemist" series of books.

I've never read Twilight but I LOVE Jodi Picoult as well. Give one a try. I'd suggest one of her newer ones like 19 minutes, My Sister's Keeper or Change of Heart. Have fun!

I totally understand how you feel right now. I couldn't read another book after the Twilight series for so long because they just weren't as good. I actually read the series again! It was almost better the second time because I wasn't rushing to find out what happens so I could actually enjoy them. I do recommend Stephenie Meyers other book The Host, it's sci-fi but she manages to make it into a love story and I thought it was really interesting. I read that one pretty quick too.

-E.

T. - One of my favorite authors is Ted Dekker. He's an excellent writer and his books are hard to put down. Check out the circle series called, "Black" "Red" "White" Three books that you need to read in that order.

He's a little on the other side of spirituality from Twillight.

Enjoy

Not much lives up to Twilight, unfortunately, but I really liked Cassandra Clare's trilogy -- City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass.

Jodi Picoult is very popular, but her books are nothing like Stephenie Meyer's. There is always a hot-button issue, and lots of bad things happen to good people. Picoult might not be what you are looking for.

I've heard that the House of Night books are good, but haven't read them yet. I started reading Vampire Diaries, and stopped. Like Twilight, it has vampires in high school, but these high schoolers are really vapid and annoying.

I like the Charlaine Harris series as well. The first one is Dead Until Dark. It's set in our current time period, but vampires have just made themselves known to humans. The main character, Sookie Stackhouse, is a small town waitress who can read minds.

Kim Harrison writes the Rachel Morgan series about a witch. The first one is Dead Witch Walking.

I also really like the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelly Armstrong. The first one is titled Bitten and it's about a female werewolf. These books are written for adults, so there are more adult themes.

If you like young adult fiction, you should check out the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. The first one is The Lightening Thief. It's about a boy who discovers his father is one of the greek gods.

1 / 3