Birthday Party Etiquite.

I am having a birthday party at the movies for my 3 boys at the same time. Due to the cost, I would like to exclude siblings from the party. What is a nice way to put that on the invitation?

One of you guys suggested an ADMIT ONE invitation and posted a link. I downloaded those and we will see how it goes!

Okay, my kids are older but when did it become okay to automatically assume that sibling were included at a party? I would send out the invitations with each child's name on it. If the mother assumes that siblings are also included, I would nicely say that the sibling's name was not on the invitation. You are not in the wrong, the other mother is! I do not like this at all.

I was recently invited to this type of party. The way the mom did it was very tactful. The outside envelope had the name of the child that was invited and when opened the invitation, it stated AGAIN, only the name of the child who was invited..."ISAAC, you are invited...."

I got the hint, and I thought it was a nice way to make Isaac feel special...my hubby took my other too boys to McD's for some daddy time :)

Hi J..

How about making the invitation look like a movie ticket that says ADMIT ONE and put only the invitee's name on it. Check out Birthday Party Express or Oriental Trading for "movie theme" invitations.

Hi J.-

My daughter was invited to a Pump It Up Party and the invitation simply said "unfortunately we are unable to accomodate siblings." I thought it was fine.

If you are ok with siblings attending but wish for them to purchase their own tickets you could simply say something like "tickets for additional siblings may be purchased at the ticket counter before the show." This gets the point across without specifically saying they cannot come.

"One guest per invitation, please".

I just did a party like this for my daughter, and on the invite I put that an RSVP was required in order to get tickets in advance. That way when they call, you can let each person know that additional sibling or even the parents will need to purchase their own ticket. You will be surprised at how easy it is and how many people already assume that is the case. Have fun!!

"Please drop _________" off at __:__.
The movie is over at __:__, please pick him/her up then!

I would combine the response(s) from Jeannie M: Get "One Admission" or Movie ticket invitations. Example: http://www.hooverwebdesign.com/printable-movie-ticket-par...

Include what Sarah T responded "Add'l tickets for parents/siblings can be purchased at the ticket booth" and end with a footnote from Heather P response "*one guest per invitation".

1 / 3