Baby Shower Gift Ideas - Ashland,MA

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with a creative yet inexpensive gift idea. We've been invited to a shower but had not budgeted for it since originally they weren't planning to have one. One idea i loved but know someone else is doing is giving a magazine subscription to a parent type magazine. I usually like to give a themed gift (i.e. all bath items - towel, toys, etc) but that all adds up quickly! I'd like to keep the cost at $30 or under.

I have a company called Temporary Heaven/Gift basket & more. We have great inexpensive baby basket ideas.
my name is T. Cavalieri, e-mail address is ____@____.com, looking forward to hearing from you!

Why not go with necessity? Get a few packs of diapers in various sizes. There are usually coupons in Sunday's paper as well as online and when they are on sale, sometimes they only end up costing $6. When I had my 1st - that was what I used the most of. And with that, you could add a couple packs of wipes.

Gift baskets are nice, but yes, they do get costly quickly.

Someone made me a diaper cake. It was super cute and useful! It had diapers rolled into layers, tied together with ribbon and decorated with baby safety/diaper pins & pacifiers! Quite fun! Good luck!

You could make your own Burp Cloths and Onesie Set. Just buy some cloth diapers and sew a ribbon on the bottom or to be more fancy also buy a fun themed 1/2 yard of fabric and cut it to fit the center panel of the diaper sew the edges and trim with ribbon. Then you can cut out the graphic from the fabric and sew it to a onesie so you have a matching set. 2 Burp Cloths, a Onesie & a stuffie or teething (chew) toy is a great gift and you can tailor it to the parent's personality.

I wish you could post pix here because I'd show you exactly what I mean.

A cousin of mine does a great thing with clothesline, clothespins and an assortment of onezies, socks, blankets and such. She lays out the clothesline and clips the clothing to the line, gradually lowering it into a gift bag. She arranges it so the end of the string hangs slightly outside the bag with tissue paper hiding the rest of the clothesline. As the mom to be pulls on the line, more items come out! It is the cutest thing and really doesn't cost much if you get packaged onezies, blankets, socks and such.

K. (First time mom of 2.5 year old son.)

Hi Jenn, I have a great idea but it's difficult to explain without showing you the picture. Do you have access to a fax machine so I could fax you the picture and directions? It ends up looking like a flower pot with flowers and leaves; however, they are actually a few pair of baby socks and a couple of onesies, shits, washcloths or bibs. By rolling the items around wooden dowels and securing with little pins, you create the look of flowers. It's really very creative and adorable. You also use a flower pot to put them in. Please let me know if I could fax this to you. My e-mail address is ____@____.com Take care. E. Taft

I am going to a baby shower too and I started buying cute things at our local thrift shop..I believe in recycling baby clothes and the ones I found are too cute..A Gap Hawaiain shirt, button down and a Ralph Lauren pink madras plaid dress shirt...she is having a boy...I think the magazine scrip is a great idea...HAve you heard of Kiwi, an organic focussed parents mag..$30 is generous...so I think you will come up with a unique gift...Have fun, N.

What about a library of board books from Marshalls or T.J. Maxx? They run between $3- $6 dollars. We still use the books I received 3 years ago! Good Luck P.

Hey Jen! i just bought my kids s music set from Parents (at Target), and inside the set was a postcard for a free subscription for 1yr! All that was needed was a copy of the recpt. The set was 22.00, so well worth it. Target has a wide variety from the same maker. Hope it helps and good luck!!!
M..

a great magazine suggestion is Motherwords. It is published by a Mom right here in Andover, and it is awesome. www.motherwords.com

1 / 3