Any Recommendations for a Girls' Weekend Destination in Wisconsin or Iowa?

I'm planning a girls' weekend with 3 friends from college. 2 of us are in Minneapolis and 2 are in Chicago, so we're looking for someplace quiet and pretty sort of in between the two cities. We mostly want to hang out and reminisce, but it would be great if there were antique shops or other fun activities nearby, and nice views. We'd like to stay somewhere where we can do some of our own cooking, so maybe a cabin or condo, preferably not too expensive. Does anyone have a favorite vacation destination like that in Wisconsin or Iowa?

Sundara Spa in the Wisconsin Dells. Fantastic! I went with my husband, but there were clearly several girlfriend groups there, too!
For something opposite that, you might also have fun exporing south of Rochester in the Harmony, Preston MN area. Its amish country with lots of biking, b&b's and antiques.
Enjoy!

Check into Clear Lake, Iowa. Cabins sell out in advance, so don't wait too long.

Have fun!

Hayward, WI is a cute little town with a variety of activities. There are antique and art stores. I have some friends who own a luxurious B&B there, but there are also inexpensive hotels and rental cabins available. In addition to the shops and art galleries, you could canoe, miniature golf or hang out at a lake. The owners of the B&B also hosts teas, show drive-in style movies and may have spa activities available. There are both nice and casuaul restaurants in town. Let me know if you need any additional information. Have fun!

Sundara is wonderful!

Hi - yes - Green Lake Conference Center in Wisconsin! My hubby's fam has been going there every other summer for over 30 years. You can rent a house or cabin or even camping area and the nearby towns are perfect. If you can get a place on the lake, you'll never leave.
Best wishes!
www.glcc.org

I recommend Galena, IL. It will be about 3 hours from Chicago and 5 from the Twin Cities. It has everything you described...my husband grew up there and we were just there for Memorial Day. We rented a house in the country from a company called Amber Creek Vacation Rentals 800-781-9530. Good luck and have fun!

Enjoy!

There's Jellystone Park in Warren, WI (about 45 min west of the Dells) and right off of 94. I know they have cabins/villas you can rent.

website is: www.thethreebearsresort.com

we did an "eco" b&b in madison and had a great time just hanging out in madison. http://www.arbor-house.com/

1 / 3