Any Experience Using Turbo Tax?

Hi moms! Like many others, we're trying to cut costs on whatever we can and instead of taking our taxes to our preparer, we were thinking of doing turbo tax. Does anyone have experience with it and do you recommend it? Thanks

Hi, This year will make my 3rd time using it. I like it, it is really easy to use and it will walk you through everything. It even has an online support center that can help you if you do get stuck. Also it saves money. Good luck.

I have been using it for five years and it is great. The program guides you through - no experience necessary.

Hi E.
LOVE Turbo Tax :)
I have a childcare businesses at home we file every year for the last 5 years its easy fast and you get it done in ONE DAY!!! just have all of your paper work ready
Good luck D.
mom of 4

We always use Turbo Tax. It's super easy. Costco has it on sale for $10 off right now.

If you are comfortable with doing your taxes over the internet turbo tax online is a great way to go. The federal filing is free and it is $26 to file your state return - and this way you don't have to load any software onto your computer. I found it very easy to use.

http://turbotax.intuit.com/

hi E.,

I don't have much experience with turbo tax , but I am in the same state as yours, trying to avoid H&R block this time. I am glad you posted this question. All the responses here is a great motivation for me to go ahead with turbo tax as well.

Two years ago we had complicated taxes due to the Adoption Tax Credit, some complicated expenses and incomes. We paid our preparer $300 and I was the one that found he could have done it a different way and we would have saved $5000.00!!!!!! Of course we ammended that return and I never went back to him. We have been doing Turbo Tax ever since, and even with the Adoption Tax Credit it's a piece of cake. I did the online version. It was free to do, but you had to pay if you wanted to electronically file. If I had mailed our forms in I believe that was free. So even with some complicated taxes, Turbo Tax made it very easy.

We use Turbo tax every year and it's a piece of cake. You just have to make sure you buy the right one for what you need (ie - if you have lots of investments or not, etc.). We buy the updated software each year at Costco, but we download any additional updates online (for free). If you file jointly you only need one copy of the program, $50 at costco.

Hi E.,

I have my degree in accounting and have prepared taxes and I also use Turbop tax for my own taxes. If your return is relatively simple, wages, interest income, itemized deductions and maybe a small business you should be able to use taxes without much trouble. It can be cumbersome to wade through all the questions that it asks you about your income and potential deductions but it is very thorough. I would recommend it to people who are looking to save some money and have a simple return to file.

Make sure you have last years return available to preview. It will be helpful for you to be able to see if you have reported all your income and claimed all your deductions based upon what you did last year.

Good Luck!!!!

we love turbo tax! been using it for 4 years now! even the "tax defense" that they offer is very useful in case IRS sends you anything in the mail or audits you. they were very helpful to us and very easy to contact. turbo tax is highly recommended and cheaper!

1 / 3