Allergy to Eggs

Hi, my daughters school does valentines party and there is a girl in her class who is allergic to eggs. I wanted to make a treat that has no eggs, but I do not know what I can make. HELP! Thanks... E.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS!!!! I am taking them all to save because this girl will be moving to the next room with Rebekah so I will have many ideas for the future and we have many parties, like easter ones Christmas ones, Valentines ones. Oh halloween too!!! SHEESH! Thank you all again!!!! I can always count on the Mamasource community!!! E.

I have used the Ener-G Egg Replacer from Whole Foods and it seemed to work great. I don't bake much, but it works great in pancakes.

My son is allergic to eggs and we made M&M shortbread cookies together two weeks ago. Very good! I plan on making them for his Valentine party using the valentine M&M's

Just google M&M shortbread cookies for the recipe. Note - instead of stirring in the M&M's I pressed the dough out and my 3 year old decorated with the M&M's. I'm thinking about arranging them in a heart shape for the party.

How about rice krispie treats with those v-day colored M&Ms mixed in? My son is also allergic to egg, and I have been not so successful in trying to find egg replacement that works well in baked goods. Of course, I guess I should also say I can't bake very well either... lol
I also refer to this website from time to time for ideas.
http://www.egglesscooking.com/

You can use any flavor cake mix and mix with 1 can of soda. Any flavor. I have used diet coke with chocolate cake and sprite with yellow cake.No eggs. Nothing BUT the can of soda. My grandson was allergic to eggs and I used to have to make cakes like this for him all of the time. Cupcakes would be great for the Valentines day party. Good Luck. C.

Rice Crispy Treat. And you can use pink marshmallows or pink/red dye for the marshmallow cream.

Dirt Cake is also a wonderful treat for kids.

OREO COOKIE CAKE (DIRT CAKE)

1 (16 oz.) pkg. Oreo cookies
2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
2 (8 oz.) pkg. whipped topping
1 c. confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 pkg. chocolate pudding
2 c. milk

Crush Oreos very fine. Spread 1/2 Oreos on bottom of pan or flower pot and pour butter over Oreos. Let chill in refrigerator for 1 hour. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar to 1 box of whipped topping until smooth. Prepare pudding as directed on package. Spread cream cheese mixture over cookies, then layer chocolate pudding and other container of whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining Oreos on top. If you use flower pot you can make more layers and stick an artificial flower in for a surprise.

YOu could top it with candy hearts to make it a valetine theme. or cany flowers.

Crazy chocolate cake

3 c flour
2 c sugar
2/3 c cocoa
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c cold water
2 tsp white vinegar
2/3 c vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients right in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Or mix in a bowl and make cupcakes
Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or so, less for cupcakes (probably about 20 min).

Other ideas- fudge, rice krispy treats, caramels. Good luck!

rice krispy treats

We buy powdered egg substitute. You use it in place of eggs when baking - you add a little water to the powder per box instructions.

So then, use any of your favorite recipes and just use that in place of the ingredient "eggs."

A great fun snack for kids of this age are little "fish bowls". All you need is some blue jello, swedish fish and sandwich bags. Make the jello as directed and then poor it into the sandwich bags. Add a few swedish fish and use a twist-tie on the top of the bag. Each child gets their own little fish bag just like at the fair! If bags are too messy (and I think they probably would be for 3-year olds) you can substitute the baggies with some clear plastic dixie cups! Enjoy!!!

Chocolate no-bake cookies! Google the recipe. My 11yr old makes them all the time. They are easy, cheap and good!

1 / 3