Advice for a 2Nd Birthday Party

My little one is about to turn two (yikes!) and we're planning her party in two weeks. We moved recently and are currently living in an apartment since our move was quick. Therefore, we're having her party in the clubhouse at our complex. My question is what kind of activities, if any, should I plan for this soiree? I made a point of only scheduling the party for two hours, and we have a pinata, but I didn't know if the pinata and cake would take up the whole time. I'm thinking we won't do presents until after guests leave (except family)so I want to make sure the kids are entertained. I just kinda need some ideas since I'll have to haul all material with us since we won't be in our home. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

How about finger painting , playdough, coloring with jumbo crayons. Most parents will probably stay with the two year olds so have enough food of all.

Enjoy

Here are a few ideas: Musical chairs. Face painting. "Soul Train Line". Kiddie Bowling. Ring toss or Horseshoes. Balloon Race. Story time or a short cartoon.

Cake and the pinata will be plenty. Two year olds will just run around a play among themselves. I did wonder why you were not opening gifts until the guests leave. Most people feel that if they are invited to party you will at least open their gifts and show your appreciation.

Craft ideas are great, bring some ride on toys, bubbles ,chuck,sidewalk paint if it's a small space inside, getting the kids out might work better. Have a good time.

Pinata and cake are good-- I would bring a bunch of toys down there and set them out (things she is not overly attached to). We always had the parties at home until my children got a little older and the children who came always would rather have played with the little kitchen or other toys in our playroom. If you have a small table you can set out some play dough or something like that for kids to come and play with. I would just put snacks out for the grown ups and let everyone mingle. Good luck

Mel

how about pin the tail on the donkey using tape? No one can get hurt and is fun 4 all ages.

The response you've already gotten is good and I pretty much includes all my suggestions. Just be sure to have a few activity stations that the kids can choose from or have 1 or 2 craft projects like the t-shirt suggestion or you can get kits of foam pieces to make door hangers or bookmarks. Walmart has these with the crafts and they are pretty inexpensive. Be sure to take into account the age of the kids though. Are they all around 2 yrs or is there a wide range of ages? When my oldest turned 2 we had kids from 6 months- 8 yrs at the party. His was a Thomas the Train party so I had a table set up for them to build and play with some of his trains. As part of his gift from us he got a Thomas play tent just before the party and it was set up for the kids to play with too. We had a pinata and cake and presents. But mostly we just let the kids play freely. At 2 yrs. that's what they want to do anyway (mine did at least).

When our kids were 1, 2, and 3 years old we asked the children who were coming to bring their favorite riding toy with them to the party and just let them play.

I hope you are having the parents stay. Two year olds just like to play and two hours will seem like a really long time. Plan activities like the Hokey Pokey, one we do at preschool is pin the tail on the donkey (or nose of something else, does your party have a theme?)but you don't blind fold the children. You let them put it on--it will be challenging and fun for them with two eyes. Use tape of course, not pins. Have an adult close their eyes and do it and have the children "help" them place it. Do a bing bag toss using a big bucket and bing bags. If your area is large enough, have everyone bring their wheeled toy and let them ride, or set up an area with some toys that they can just play. Being at some place different is always exciting. Good luck.

1 / 3