Activities for a Baby Shower

My sister is due in april, and I am goign to do a babyshower for her. I just need ideas on how to plan it and so forth.

One of the best things that happened at my shower was there was a Diaper/Wipe raffle. There were 3 small prizes (gas card, olive garden gift card, and movie tickets) and if a person brought wipes or diapers, they got a ticket at the door. Then at the end we did the drawing. As a mom of mulitples, it was a huge huge huge help to not have to buy diapers for 4 months. The stores will exchange the sizes no questions asked, so the diaper size and brand can be changed if she wants.

Are you doing a whole meal or just snacks> You can do snacks and punch and baby mints.

You can make finger foods. Like sandwiches with different types of grated cheese and mayonaise mixed together and spread on different types of bread, cut in triangles. This one went over well at mine. There are lots of cracker spread recipes you can probably find one at www.allrecipes.com Punch- Hawaiin punch, pineapple juice and sprite all mixed together with sherbert on top was always a big hit.

Decorations: At my shower someone dressed a balloon as a baby and it turned out so cute. Also, there was little decorations for me to keep like a wicker (small one for looks bassinette).

Game ideas:

Pacifer necklace game: Make pacificers out of lifesavers and jelly bean. Glue one lifesaver horizontally to another one verically, then glue jelly bean in hole. String ribbon (long enough for a necklace in the lifesaver hole (vertical one - other will be filled). Then you can give each guest one. You can tell them it's so they don't say the name baby, or what's the name going to be, or whatever you want it to be. If they say that name you choose the person who catches them gets to take their necklace. The one who ends up with the most wins. These necklaces are also very cute for decorating the chandlier until the guest come.

Scrambled Baby name games: you can look these up online, set a timer and whoever scrambles the most when timer goes off when. This can be hard if you find unique names.

Putting a bunch of baby items on a tray and letting everyone look at them for a minute. Taking tray away and then whoever writes down the most within a one or two minute period wins.

Safety pins in a bowl of rice: put a bunch of the smallest (they come really small) safety pins you can find in a bowl of rice and mix them up. Blind fold one guest at a time and see how many they can get out. It is actually harder than it looks. This was always a big hit.

One thing one of my friends mom did for her daughter is while she opening presents she wrote down everything she said, and it was funny when she read it back.

I have seen some people get a box of thank you cards and make the guest fill out the envelopes so your sister would only need to write out the card, put it in the envelope and mail out her thank you. I thought this was a cool idea.

Gift Ideas: you can find lots of good gifts to give away from the dollar store. I was amazed at what some people have found. But stationary, Bath & body works often has good sales too, you can get the small size lotions, antibacterial soaps. etc.

I hope this helps.

One idea (if you are a crafty sort of person) is to have the guests of the shower decorate a burp rag for the baby. You purchase cloth diapers from a retail store and items to decorate them with. (Ribbon, paint, crochet thread etc) Depending on the talents of those who are comming the mommy gets some very diverse burp rags and remembers those who made it.
Another idea (if the baby doesn't have a name yet) is to have everyone write a name down and put it in a jar and then go through them while everyone is eating.
Hope this helps! Good luck with your shower!

I just planned one for my girlfriend a few months ago and got carried away in all the planning part...there are a ton of baby shower websites! The only "game" we did was measure the belly, but we had onesies and fabric pens and stencils out on the tables and also advice cards for everyone to write advice to the mom to be. At my shower they put scrapbook pages out on the tables with a ton of scrapping supplies and everyone made a page so all I had to do was insert pictures. Good luck...and have fun planning.

I was just at a baby shower over the weekend. They played the diaper pin game, which is always fun. There was also the "measure the mommy's belly". We eye-balled the mommy and a roll of yarn went around and everyone took their turn in cutting a piece that they thought would fit around the mommy's belly. They also played a game I have never seen before. It was kinda gross, but interesting. They had 5 diapers, numbered 1-5 on the counter, and in the diaper, they had smashed and rubbed 5 different candy bars in the individual diapers, and the guests had to figure out what kind of candy bars they were. They could smell or taste if they dared. It is really funny to see the reactions of the guests when they first open up the diaper (they really looked like "dirty" diapers)!!! The person with the correct number of guesses won a prize.
Good luck, and most of all....have fun planning it! :O)

The most morbid game I ever played at a baby shower was the funnest game I ever played at a baby shower. Take the chep NB diapers, and melt and break up a candy bar in each one, and have the ladies guess what kind of candy bar it is. Make sure you take pictures while they smell it to see if the candy smells familiar.

Is she having a girl? If so, this isn't so much a game, but my sister did this for my shower and I thought it was a great idea. She asked everyone to bring a barette. She made one of those picture holders with the sheet from my nursey theme, ribbon and buttons (to hold the picturs to the board) and when you came in the door, you added your barettes to the ribbon. So if my daughter's hair ever gets long enough, I have a ton of barettes in various sizes and colors all ready to go.

My sister threw me a baby shower and it was awesome. She found a scrapbooking store and used their workshop as our party sight. During the party, everyone picked a theme out of a bag and created a scrapbook page for me. Everyone was able to go through the store and pick out things they wanted to use on the page. We simply had a sandwich tray, drinks and a cake. It was great because everyone was entertained and I ended up with a fantastic scrapbook.

Ideas to make it cheaper: Forego the decorations (we didn't have or need any there) If you do it at home simply set up tables for scrapbooking. Simple food. If you have it at a place: you could give a budget for each page or have everyone pitch in $10.00, at home: have people bring xtra supplies (pack of paper, xtra scissors, glue, markers)

Just a quick hint... set up a time for presents, we were having so much fun we almost forget!

1 / 3