34 And a Half Weeks Along and Feeling So Much Pelvic Pressure

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure that I'm just being overly concerned but I'm almost 35 weeks along in my second pregnancy. For the past week I've been feeling major pressure in my lower abdomen and pelvic area. I was convinced that this was the baby dropping until I visited my mom last weekend, now she has me as worried as she is!! I had a drs. appt. Tues. and everything checked out okay. I didn't ask the doc about the pelvic pressue because it didn't get really painful until last night. I'm having braxton hicks but nothing regularly. Please put my mind at ease and tell me that it's just my body preparing for labor:). If anyone out there is having the same issues let me know! Thanks!!

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling much more comfortable by hearing all your wonderful advice. Last night was horrible for an hour with contractiions but tonight I haven't had more than 2. I'm finally done with work as of today, so taking it easy should be easier!! I'll ask my dr. about everything at my next appointment, I just want her to hang on a couple more weeks and than she can come at anytime :)!

I remember the days! It all sounds perfectly normal to me. You feel the bottom is going to fall out and that you might just drop that baby any minute. Baby must be head down and ready for the trip down the slide. No worries!

I had my son at 36 weeks and around 34 is when he dropped and it started to hurt REALLY BAD. I could barely pick up my feet there was so much pain in my pelvis, I spent all day shuffling around and was uncomfortable sitting and laying down as well. I kept thinking about the Little Mermaid and how every time she took a step on land it was like knives stabbing her. I don't think they put that in the movie. Anyway. I went to my midwife appointment and she sent me straight to a chiropractor. (I'd tell you which one but it wouldn't do you any good since I'm living in Florida now.) I went twice before my son was born and then again after and it made a HUGE difference. I seriously went from barely being able to pick up my feet on the way into the office to being able to get into the car and shut the door without wanting to scream when we left. It seems that as he started to drop and my pelvis spread everything was getting all kinked up and pressing on nerves. I also had Braxton Hicks contractions on and off from about 27 weeks. Those didn't really start to hurt until about four days before my water broke. So there you go. Call your doctor if you're still worried but it sounds almost exactly like what I had going on and although my son was technically early he was born at a free standing birth center attended by midwives and is absolutely fine.

Go to your Dr & have a pelvic exam. That will tell you all.
Good luck & stay off your feet. You deserve it.

iwould just give your doc a call they do have nurses to answear the little thing like this i had pain like that and did nothing and about gave birth to my 3 baby on the way to the hospital she was rutten to get out at 35 week she was fine so relax make the call freeze a 2 litter bottle for back pain then wrap it it help

I'm sure it is probably perfectly normal. However, to be safe, you might want to call your doctor's office. If nothing else, they may be able to suggest some positions that would/could help relieve the pressure.

Hi S. ~
I'm an OB nurse and patients have this complaint alot. With your first baby, the muscles, ligaments, etc. are tight. Then that pregnancy stretched them out. So now, with this second pregnancy, those muscles and ligaments aren't as strong as they were the first time, so you get the pelvic pressure. You can get a pregnancy girdle at a medical supply store that will help, although at 35 weeks you're almost done, and I've heard they can be expensive. You basically need something to support your lower abdomen and lift everything up.

Hi! I had major pelvic pressure as well during my pregnancies~ the most extreme being my last one. It felt like my insides were about to just fall right out! I always had braxton hicks, too. It's likely just your body, but don't hesitate to call your Dr. to ask about it to put your mind at ease : o ) Blessings!

I had the same thing with my third child, it was almost unbearable in the last few days of pregnancy. My Dr. said it was just something that happens the more kids that you have the more your body and muscles have to stretch. I just suggest to take it sort of easy and know that it will be gone soon and your pain will be worth it in the end. I remember crying the night before my c-section, I thought he was going to fall out I couldn't wait for it to be done and over with! Then I thought geez how can those women do it with more than three kids, kudos to them!!!!!

1 / 3