24 Weeks Pregnant with a Yeast Infection...

I am 24 weeks pregnant and have a yeast infection. I have been itching over the weekend and finally called my doctor on Monday. She gave my some cream that was supposed to releive the itching...which it has...and she told me to get the monistate 1 or 3. I haven't tried that yet. I am so scared with it affected my baby. I'm hoping that you can help!!

its so normal, i never get yeast infections, but when I was prego both times, I was getting them like crazy, my Dr. told me to take the monistate 7, and then like 1 or 2 months later i would get another. I thought there was something wrong, they said not to worry.

You will be just fine. Take care of the yeast infection so YOU are comfortable. Your baby will be just fine.

Not to worry, I ONLY have yeast Infections when i am pregnant. It sucks, but it will not affect the baby. He/She will be just fine. Now if it goes untreated...then it might cause other problems. So make sure you use it :)
Feel Better!

You can try warming up some plain yogurt and applying it directly where it itches. Sometimes I'll add a cup of yogurt to my bath. My skin likes it.

Hi K.
I feel you girl,I had a few bouts of thrush while pregnant.
I applied natural,organic yoghurt to the area which gave me some relief.
I used the cream as well,its doesn't harm the baby,apply the cream to the outside area.
Regular treatment of yeast infections is the insertion of a dispository,this is not recommended during pregnancy.
Wearing granny! cotton underwear with loose fitting trousers(no jeans for time being) also helps.
Hope it clears up soon and best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

my doc gave me a pill, I cant remember what it was, that was ok to take while pregnant.

The pill diflucan is safe while pregnant, but my OB perfers the cream as it is more of a topical solution.
A rather side effect of a yeast infection while pregnant can be pre-term labor. So as a woman who went through it please treat the yeast infection

I had a really bad yeast infection when I was pregnant and the doctor told me to get monistat. I tried monistat three and monistat five and neither worked and I told the doctor and he gave me a series of two diflucan pills. It is all safe!

I had 2-3 yeast infections when I was pregnant with my first child. I felt the same way about taking monistat while I was pregnant. Don't worry, the doctor wouldn't tell you to take it if there were any risk. You'll feel much better once the infection is gone.

1 / 3