24 Weeks Pregnant with a Yeast Infection...

I am 24 weeks pregnant and have a yeast infection. I have been itching over the weekend and finally called my doctor on Monday. She gave my some cream that was supposed to releive the itching...which it has...and she told me to get the monistate 1 or 3. I haven't tried that yet. I am so scared with it affected my baby. I'm hoping that you can help!!

its so normal, i never get yeast infections, but when I was prego both times, I was getting them like crazy, my Dr. told me to take the monistate 7, and then like 1 or 2 months later i would get another. I thought there was something wrong, they said not to worry.

You will be just fine. Take care of the yeast infection so YOU are comfortable. Your baby will be just fine.

Not to worry, I ONLY have yeast Infections when i am pregnant. It sucks, but it will not affect the baby. He/She will be just fine. Now if it goes untreated...then it might cause other problems. So make sure you use it :)
Feel Better!

You can try warming up some plain yogurt and applying it directly where it itches. Sometimes I'll add a cup of yogurt to my bath. My skin likes it.

Hi K.
I feel you girl,I had a few bouts of thrush while pregnant.
I applied natural,organic yoghurt to the area which gave me some relief.
I used the cream as well,its doesn't harm the baby,apply the cream to the outside area.
Regular treatment of yeast infections is the insertion of a dispository,this is not recommended during pregnancy.
Wearing granny! cotton underwear with loose fitting trousers(no jeans for time being) also helps.
Hope it clears up soon and best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

my doc gave me a pill, I cant remember what it was, that was ok to take while pregnant.

The pill diflucan is safe while pregnant, but my OB perfers the cream as it is more of a topical solution.
A rather side effect of a yeast infection while pregnant can be pre-term labor. So as a woman who went through it please treat the yeast infection

I had a really bad yeast infection when I was pregnant and the doctor told me to get monistat. I tried monistat three and monistat five and neither worked and I told the doctor and he gave me a series of two diflucan pills. It is all safe!

I had 2-3 yeast infections when I was pregnant with my first child. I felt the same way about taking monistat while I was pregnant. Don't worry, the doctor wouldn't tell you to take it if there were any risk. You'll feel much better once the infection is gone.

I am a chiropractor and I HATE taking medicine. So, during my last pregnancy when I got a yeast infection, I looked up and tried every natural remedy out there: 1. increased the probiotics I was taking and vaginally applied probiotics 2. started taking garlic supplements and even vaginally inserted garlic 3. douched with organic apple cider vinegar diluted 4. douched with colloidal silver. 5. Tried to reduce carbohydrates. I tried everything and for me none of them worked for me.
If you are worried about taking any drugs (over the counter or otherwise, you might try the natural way). If they don't work for you, then I would recommend trying the over the counter stuff. According to the research I did, Monistat 7 has the safest ingredients and is the mildest. The Monistat 1 and 3 are more concentrated, so I would avoid them.
Don't take any of the oral antifungal/antiyeast prescription because it is the most "dangerous" for your baby according to the research I did.
My biggest advice to you, is to get your diet and sleep in line. When you sit down to eat a meal make sure 2/3 of the plate are veggies (colorful ones...not potatoes). Drink at least 5 bottles of water a day...it will help flush out toxins and promote balance of the healthy bacteria and yeast in your body. 5 bottles is a minimum! To help get rid of the yeast...you want to feel like you are floating you are drinking so much water! Try to get enough rest too. Lack of sleep causes us to turn to more carbohydrates (usually refined) for refueling, which will just cause you to get one yeast infection after the other when you combine them with pregnancy hormones.
If you want to find out more information about what I did, or need help with staying healthy during your pregnancy, send me a private message.

Don't worry, many pregnant woman get these your hormones are going crazy and your always wet down there during pregnancy. it is one of those unspoken annoyances of pregnancy, like hemoroids and uti's. The medicine is safe that they give. Good Luck.

been there done that... took it, and he is 9 and fine

I had 3!! yeast infections when I was pregnant with my daughter... took Monistat every time. She's just fine and is 5 now. :-) Go get yourself some relief!!!

OMG I'm laughing because I just read a blog post about this...

You are going to think I'm either crazy or lying but I swear I'm neither.

You should buy plain (not vanilla, PLAIN) yogurt and of course you can eat it but you can also just PUT IT ON YOUR NETHER REGION. I even read that some women put them in those ice trays that freeze cubes into long tube shapes, the ones for putting ice in water bottles, but they put the yogurt in the ice trays and then the frozen yogurt, when it gets inserted into the nether region (sorry, VAGINA) it is a huge relief to the burning sensation.

I know you will think I'm a nut job so here's the link to the blog post I read! (Be sure to read the comments too.)
http://barefootfoodie.com/2010/12/06/fruit-on-the-bottom/

I hope this helps...but when I was pregnant I had a bladder infection and was given some antibiotics but to double check I called the pharmacy and asked them was it o.k. to take when pregnant. I'm sure it's o.k.! Good luck!