Do you have something you would like to share with our Mamapedia community?
Whether you are a professional author, blogger, or even if you’ve never been published before -if you have something interesting and relevant to say we’d love to hear from you!
Here are some guidelines you should carefully follow when submitting your article. When you’re ready simply click the link at the end of this post.
Article Submission Guidelines
- We are looking for articles written in a strong clear voice that offer a unique and interesting perspective. All articles should be family friendly and of interest to our parenting audience, but otherwise potential topics are limitless. As to tone, positive and upbeat is generally preferred, but serious or reflective articles will certainly also be considered. Well written with a clear point of view are the most important considerations.
- Ideally, feature articles should be 300 to 750 words in length. Generally speaking however articles on the shorter side, closer to the 300 than 750, are preferred.
- Before submitting your article please make sure to carefully review and edit it for grammar and spelling. We do edit for format and any obvious typos, but beyond that we must rely on you to carefully review your own copy. On occasion, we may wish to edit an article for length -however we will discuss this with you before publishing.
- Please make every effort to include with your article a relevant corresponding image. You may submit an article without an accompanying image, however articles with images are processed more easily and are therefore more likely to be accepted. Images should be family appropriate and of sharp quality. Preferred size is 775×300 pixels. Acceptable formats are either JPEG or PGN. Almost any picture editing software programs can help you to to size and format an image, including, but not limited to, PicMonkey. Original images are also accepted, however if you use a non-original image, please make certain to credit the source for your image (e.g. istock.com).
- Your article should NOT include any sponsored links or promote or sell any product or service, unless previously agreed upon.
- Mamapedia does not pay for articles. However, there are still several valuable incentives to having your article published on Mamapedia.
> Bring your point of view to the attention of a vast community of Moms eager to read and discuss your words.
> Bring site traffic from our site back to yours -allowing new visitors to discover you and your site.
> Raise the stature of your site by being published on one of the largest, most reputable, and most active Mom communities on the web today.
- If your article is published, we will also be cross promoting it on our social media sites. We ask that you do the same from your end. Please feel free to post links to Mamapedia on your own site and on any of your social media pages.
Once you are ready please submit your article by clicking on the link below. We will review all submissions and notify you within 30 days if your article has been accepted.
Due to the large volume of submittals we receive we are unable to reply to each submittal. Please remember that a great many factors are considered when determining which articles get accepted, so even if your article is not accepted it is not necessarily due to quality or value -It just may be that it is not for us at this particular time.
Thanks very much for your submission -we look forward to reading your article!