Which Eye Doctor Should I Use?

Updated on April 02, 2018
A.R. asks from Washington, DC
4 answers

I have never been to an eye doctor before and I think I need to go because I am having trouble reading things that are in the distance. I am not sure which one to go to.

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

I went to the eye doctor and I am getting glasses in a few weeks.

More Answers


answers from Washington DC on

Welcome to mamapedia, A..

Go to "MY EYE DOCTOR" and get a vision test done and they will tell you if you need to see an ophthalmologist. Right now, go to an optometrist.

2 moms found this helpful


answers from Portland on

I would start with what Wild Woman suggests.

2 moms found this helpful


answers from Pittsburgh on

I would tell you to google a nationwide chain.

My Eye Doctor is a nationwide chain. If you are really in DC? Here are optometrists you can call


1 mom found this helpful


answers from Atlanta on

There's no way that people across the country can point you towards a good eye doctor in your area, but we can suggest how you find someone. Wild Woman has a good starting place (the internet). Also, you might ask friends or family who they use. It can be nice to get a referral from someone you trust. Before you go in, however, make sure that they take your insurance and that eyecare is covered by your insurance. Good luck with it, and do take your daughter along too.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions