Where to Donate - Bloomsburg,PA

Updated on December 13, 2010
J.M. asks from Harrisburg, PA
5 answers

Ok we are drowning in stuffed animals. They are all in perfect condition. I have been trying to find somewhere to donate them. I know there is salvation army but I would like to see them go somewhere that they are given to children, not where they have to be bought. I have tried The red cross and children and youth and neither place wants them. any suggestions?

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

Thank you all for your suggestions. I donated them to the local children's hospital, they were very happy to take them. I am happy to see them go there rather than salvation army or somewhere like that. Don't get me wrong i have donated clothes, toys and other to sal-val in the past but i wanted something special for these. When my son was in the hospital after getting tubes in his ears, when he came out from recovery he was hurt and scared, he was given a teddy bear. He right away hugged it and held on to it untill we left, then he never touched it again. But for that one moment in time that teddy bear helped him feel a little bit better. The same thing happened to my daughter in the er once. That is what i wanted to do with them. Just for a small moment in time make a child feel a little bit better, even if it is never touched again.

More Answers



answers from Philadelphia on

Urban Promise in Camden? Your local homeless shelter?

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Los Angeles on

Is there an orphanage/family crisis center or a women's shelter near you? That might be a good place to start.



answers from Topeka on

How about your local police department? Most police departments have a program, using stuffed animals to calm children who they are dealing with. Maybe they are having to take the child from the custody of their parents, or someone has been in an accident and the child needs to be taken care of. It would be a great way of putting your gently loved stuffed animals to a good use!!


answers from Dallas on

Call the police station or the courts. They give them to kids at police calls and when kids get adopted they usually give them a stuffie to take home.


answers from Milwaukee on

Try the police station, homeless shelters, womens clinics/shelters.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions