got this information from RMBARRY.com
Are you concerned about the air your child breathes? One reason chemical concentrations are hie in some homes is that cleaning products and some personal care products release toxic vapors into the air when they are used -- and even wehn they are stored. This process is called outgassing.
It's alarming that indoor air is so full of chemical vapors because most children spend twelve to twenty hours a day in their homes. Physioloogically children are more vulnerable to toxic vapors than adults because of their higher metabolic rate. They require more oxygen, and they breathe in two to three times as much air (and therefore toxins) relative to body size than adults. Children are more physically active. This also increases their breathing rate and intake of toxins. In Addition children play close to the floor where heavier pollutants settle.
Airborne chemicals are a suspected cause of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) which takes the lives of thousands of infants each year. This may explain the documented higher incidence of SIDS in the wintertime. During the winter windows are lefe closed, decreasing ventilation, which increases the concentration of outgassed vapors in the home."No on knows what causes SIDS, but why take unnecessary chances with your infant?"
Fortunately, parents can do something to reduce their family's exposure to airborne toxins from household products. They can simply switch brands.
I did and my 18 month old had had 2 colds in his life so far. I have been here for 8 monhts now. This may be the cause of your 9 month olds wheezing. I have a 3 year old and he stayed at the doctors office his entire first year for various things mainly ear infections. He does not get sick as often any more because the air he breaths is safe.
Contact my website for more information.