What Is That Hat/scarf Combo Thingy Called and Where Do I Find One?

Updated on October 03, 2008
S.Y. asks from Pittsburgh, PA
5 answers

Does anyone know what those como pull-over hats that cover the neck as well are called? It has a cut-out for the face portion...they are great at keeping the head and neck warm. I am looking for one for my 13 month old....she can wear anything from around 9-18 months...a name or place to buy them would be great...better yet, if anyone has a link? Thanks! It's getting cold out there ! :)

What can I do next?

  • Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Pittsburgh on

S., I just came across this great device. It is called a "balaclava" and the best price I have found so far is at kidsurplus.com: http://www.kidsurplus.com/itemDetail-item-29%20TUR%202290...

Happy Winter!

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Pittsburgh on

They have them in either the One Step Ahead or the Leaps and Bounds catalogs. They're online, if you don't get them.


answers from Pittsburgh on

Hi S.! I love those hats! I bought two 16 yrs ago at a walmart in Ohio and still have one ( I gave one away & I'm saving the other for grandchildern LOL) I haven't seen one anyplace since. Good luck...if you find them I'd be intrested in picking up another couple! They really were one of the best purchases I ever got for my girls!



answers from Kansas City on

They have them online at Hanna Andersson:)



answers from Pittsburgh on

I don't know what they called, but Target in West Mifflin had them in all kinds of colors last night.

Next question: Seeking Moms with Plagiocephaly Babies