Voice Recorder

Updated on November 06, 2007
S. asks from Irving, TX

Hi Moms,

My daughter has started taking voice lessons. she needs a recorder. Can you please suggest the best brand, the best model and also the types of recorders available in the market currently. I am a complete novice.

• Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

L.F.

answers from Dallas on

I just purchased a voice recorder to record my professor in classes. I bought it at Wal-Mart. They had one traditional with the mini tape it was $29, one digital that recorded 24 or 26 hrs. for $31 and a digital that recorded 150 hrs. for $39. The digital, I think you can connect to your computer and save and play it on your computer. Both of the digitals were Sony, which is usually a pretty good brand. I don't know how well it is because I just got it last night. I got the 150 hrs. I figured for a few more dollars, might as get that one. Good luck!

J.S.

answers from Dallas on

I agree with S M. I know there are also MP3-type devices that record, but I couldn't tell you which one is "best" for recording your daughter's voice as she practices. I do know that the teacher wants her to be recording so your daughter can "hear" what the teacher is saying about her voice (pitch, tone, etc.).

Good luck with this!

F.F.

answers from Dallas on

I am an actress, singer and have been for the past 15 years. Personally I would not worry to much about the best one. They are all comparable. Just make sure it is easy for your daughter to use. All you really need is a record, play, rewind and forward on it. There should be a voice speed button as well as a counter.

Hope this helps!

F.

A.H.

answers from Dallas on

Sorry....I was about to respond and I noticed that you were not referring to recorder as the musical instrument. I can't help you with recording devices. You should ask her teacher!

S.M.

answers from Dallas on

I would DEFINITELY ask her voice teacher which type she would like for her to have. She may even just order it for you, and you can just pay her.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us