Vacation - Portland,OR

Updated on August 29, 2011
M.F. asks from Albany, CA

So, thanks to my husbands new job (and amazing new paycheck) we are going on our very FIRST family vacation!
Husband and I have been together for almost 7 years, our daughter is almost 6.
We have not been on vacation alone or with her in all of those years!
So, pretty soon, the 3 of us are going up to Seattle for 4 days to sight see, visit some friends, stay in a hotel, and actually get away for a while!!!
I am SOOOO excited! And can not wait :)

So what was your first family vacation?
Was it a total blast?
What was your favorite family vacation?

• Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

.

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

D.P.

answers from Pittsburgh on

Because my husband (God love him) is a saver and a planner, we go on at least O. week-long beach (East Coast) vacation every summer.
We like the Outer Banks and Delaware beaches best. And have been pretty much all over the eastern coasts of NC, SC, & Delaware.
Have a BLAST! And take your camera!

C.W.

answers from Chicago on

We have been to Guatemala, Disney, Myrtle Beach and The Dells. Best one was Disney! It was my husbands first time (@34) and he truly enjoyed EVERY minute of it. Our least fave was Myrtle :( but I would go again for my son's sake. He loved the go karts at the speedway park..He had to ride with an adult cuz of height restriction :( he wants to do solo. My kids are 7,3,&10 months

H.K.

answers from Gainesville on

I am excited for you. One day i H. this is me writing this. You go girl!

S.R.

answers from El Paso on

We have yet to have our first, but since you said Seattle, I feel compelled to mention that you HAVE to go to the fish market!! Your daughter will LOVE watching the guys throw the fish around to each other! It's GREAT!!

B.C.

answers from Los Angeles on

Our first family vacation was to go to see the Statue of Liberty and the subway and other sights of New York on our way to see my brother get married in Maine.

We had a wonderful time.

My favorite family vacation was when we took all our kids to Orlando to Disney World and Sea World and other attractions. We were gone for two weeks. They had a wonderful time and so did my wife and I.

Now my favorite vacation is the last vacation I got to take with my wife, when ever and where ever that may be or may have been.

Nice question. Good luck to you and yours.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us