Trying to Find an Extra Curricular Program for My 3 Yr Old (Montrose Area)

Updated on September 10, 2008
L.P. asks from Houston, TX

I want to sign my daughter up for some sort of sport. However I dont really know what a 3 yr old should do. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

• Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

C.T.

answers from Houston on

You could sign her up for swimming at Dad's Club or gymnastics at a gym such as Byron's.

L.F.

answers from Houston on

Little girls seem to like gymnastics and dance classes (ballet or creative movement). Anything else requires more of an attention span than a 3 year old has. Try Discover Gymnastics on Shepherd in the Heights. The minimum age for most sports is age 4. There are always plenty of kids fun runs to do on the weekends.

J.W.

answers from Houston on

My niece has been going to Discover Gymnasics on Shephard in their kids program since she was three and has just started their regular program at five and a half because she loves it...

www.discovergymnastics.com

K.K.

answers from Houston on

What does she like to do? I would not sign her up just for the sake of signing her up for something - it should be something you think she is interested in. Three is very young for a sport, but some sports that have programs for 3 yr olds would be gymnastics, soccer (but most you have to be 4 which is still very young)karate, and dance class. Most programs have a trial class to start so you can see if it fits her. Some kids are shy and hesitant and some jump right in.

Take yoru time and don't put too much pressure for her to be able to fully participate at this age. It is still very young. Also, talk to the coach/instructor to see if they are good with this age group before you commit.

Sorry I am not familiar with that area, but google FFPS for a soccer program that is good for little ones, but I think the min age is 4.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us