Teacher Certification Test Class

Updated on March 15, 2009
M.G. asks from Flower Mound, TX
6 answers

Hi Moms,

I have a B.A. in Liberal Arts and would like to obtain my teacher certification (to teach elementary school). To do this, I need to take the teacher certification exam. However, I know I won't be able to pass the exam without going to a "prep class" that would prepare me to pass the exam. Does such a class exist? If so, where? Thanks!!

1 mom found this helpful

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Dallas on


most schools require a bachelors degree plus the teacher certification, I dont think it has to be a BS in education. Go here for more info:

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Dallas on

Ditto to the others - you should check out the SBEC website.

As far as test tips - it's a matter of knowing the key terms the exam is looking for. When you attend the study courses or classes at university, you will notice the key words in the questions and answers that will be the choice they want you to make. No answer is 'wrong' but there is a best choice and second best choice per question that they are looking for. You will be given sample exams that will give you a clearer picture.

I took the professional development exam - the one every level has to take, the secondary English exam, and the all level P.E. - all had the same noticable patterns.

I'm glad you want to be a teacher! We need more and we need good ones that want to be there!

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Dallas on

which test are you referring to?

The certification test.. do you already have a bachelors in education?



answers from Dallas on

I'm a teacher off duty for now but headed back to work this fall. You'll definitely want to check out the link Cindy B posted; it will tell you everything you need to know. You can't just go in and take the test. You have to go through a university program or get a job with a school who can help you get your alternative certification. Good luck.



answers from Dallas on

I think you will have to take some classes before you take the exam. I don't think it as easy as just passing the state test. Good luck!



answers from Dallas on

texas a&m commerce also offers a teacher certification program. you will most likely have to take additional classes to get the hours you need to be certified in a specific grade level and subject. Even if you have a degree. Good luck!

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions

Related Searches