Stainless Steel Pot Handle Broken - Can It Be Repaired?

Updated on May 29, 2007
F.G. asks from Independence, MO
5 answers

Hi everyone,

Have you ever had a handle break on your favorite stainless steel pot?

I purchased this set from Costco about 4 years ago and do not have the receipt or any paperwork so I can return it to the manufacturer.

Does anyone know someone who can fix it or has anyone purchased "whole home" (TM) gourmet stainless steel pot set and have some sort of contact information?

Just curious!


What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

Thank you to everyone with ideas.

Ok, this is the scoop on Costco returns. Yes, they can look in the system to find your item and will replace it. The local store couldn't find my item, so I tried the online services. They contacted me and said they did find the receipt and are sending a new pot out. SO, be sure to contact both local and online refund services.

More Answers



answers from Kansas City on

You could always call the manufacturer--if you know who it is--and see if they would replace it for you. Sometimes they'll replace it w/o a receipt. You may even be able to talk to Costco about it. They may be able to tell you who the manufacturer is if you don't remember. I have a great set of stainless steel pots and pans. The handles are attached w/screws or bolts or something. Maybe you could just call the man. and just get a new handle for it? I'm not sure if that would work out or not, but it's worth a try!!

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Kansas City on

Hello! I work for Ambient Tempco Heating and Cooling and we have a stainless steel department here... our guy who works on all Stainless Steel is Bob Benson. Call him at ###-###-#### ~ I am sure he would weld it back on for you. Tell him that D. refered you to him and see what happens!

Good Luck!

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Cincinnati on

I have heard that Costco will replace items without a receipt. That they can enter your card into their system and pull up all of your purchases for the past six years! I have a neighbor friend who did this with a piece of furniture. They ended up leaving with a brand new piece as it could not be repaired!

Good luck.

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Kansas City on

If you know the brand of the pot, just do a google search for that brand, and you should be able to find a website for them with their information. If not, find a metal worker or welder who can possibly fix it... Good Luck!

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Kansas City on

My husband to be works with metal at his job(and on the side) as a machinist. I asked him about your situation, and I don't know how well you understand the difference between welded and rivited bonds on metal. If you know the differance or not he would be willing to help you, if you wanted, to fix your favorite pot,:) lol. If you could send a pic to me of the broken pot at my e-mail [email protected], to see what the problem is, we could probably arrange some solution. If you choose to go another route, I wish you much luck, and hopefully you won't have to give the favorite pot to the trash.:)

1 mom found this helpful
For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions