Seeking Printer/scanner

Updated on July 07, 2008
P.S. asks from Arlington, TX

I am seeking a printer/scanner compatible w/Windows Vista. Using a computer is a little intimidating for me so it should be user friendly and reasonable price. I am wanting to scan some family pictures before I crop them for my scrapbook. I would like to have one that scans up to 8x10 in color, black and white and antique - good quality.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

C.W.

answers from Dallas on

I use a printer for my company, and the only one I will buy is a Cannon. You can go to staples, or any office supply and they will tell you Cannon is the best for the money for inkjet printers/scanners, and uses much less ink then HP. Keep in mind I run a business, so I used to go through 1 HP a year, I had my Cannon for 3 years before it gave out! Plus the ink was about 1/2 the price. If you are printing pictures for scrapbooking this will be very important for you. The trick is, the cheaper the printer, the more expensive the ink. The more you invest in your printer, the less expensive the ink is. I don't know why it works that way...it just does. I got the all in one, Cannon MX850 and spend $300 with tax, and I have $50 coming back in a rebate. So the price is not bad. Good luck!

K.A.

answers from Dallas on

I looked for the HP C8100 and cant' find it, but did see an HP C8180, but it's $400. I think you might want a little less costly.

I've some some research on this because I have an OLD Lexmark that's not compatible with my Vista computer. I read in an online article that this Lexmark Z1300 is really good and it's only $30, but it doesn't scan. HPs are the best and you would probably want a 'flatbed' scanner so that it's easier to keep it straight. So, here's my recomendation as a computer nerd that has to know all of this stuff for my family: HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier. http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/all-in-one/1/s... this is $56. I only found it on HPs website though.

Compusa has an HP C4280 that is $60.

A.C.

answers from Dallas on

P. S. I have an invitation for you to oome to a scrapbook event this Fri 7/11 from 1 to 11 PM in No. Arlington near I30 & No Fielder. It's a crop to work on cropping your pics & working on albums. RSVP ###-###-#### A. C. CM Sr. Consultant

M.M.

answers from Dallas on

Check out the HP C8100, it is AWESOME!!! It is a Scanner, Copier, Printer, and it has all the ports to print from the memory cards, CD's and you can even burn and etch CD's with it. Highly recommended...easy set up and easy to use!

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us