Seeking Others Whom Are Widow Parents.

Updated on August 28, 2006
R.C. asks from Waukesha, WI
4 answers

Is there a support group that deals with tragic lose of a parent?

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Minneapolis on

Hi, R..

Other than checking with your local hospital, there is an on-line grief support organization:

They have lots of info, and chat rooms like Unexpected Angels, for those who are grieving a sudden, unexpected death; Tender Angels, for those who have been widowed and are under 50; and PTA, parenting children alone through grief.

I have only visited a couple of times, but there are lots of supportive people there.

My husband died very unexpectedly last year, at the age of 47. Our youngest child is now sixteen - she was fourteen at the time he died. We have five kids.

If you ever want to talk just one-on-one, or want a shoulder to cry on, please let me know. I don't have any good advice, but will cry with you. I am also sending you a private message with my phone number.

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Minneapolis on

The Center for Grief was an excellent resource for our company when we lost a co-worker to cancer. Their number is ###-###-####. Also, Camp Amanda is a great place to send children dealing with the loss of a parent or other close family member/friend. Their web address is



answers from Madison on

Hi R.,
Please check into Hospice. Just look them up in the phone book. You need NOT have had your loved one use Hospice Care. But they have support groups that are excellent.
Also, call you local Chamber of Commerce to see if they know of any local groups.
Hospitals can also often refer you to the right type of group you need. You might want to ask a psychiatrist, or psychiatric nurse for a referral.
And finally, call the funeral home - they may well know of groups.
Good luck to you.



answers from Duluth on

I work at North Memorial Hospital, and I know I've seen a brochure just in the last couple of weeks talking about these kind of support groups. I don't know the details off hand; I suggest you call the hospital to ask. Sorry for your loss.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions