Pretend Play or Dress Up?

Updated on April 11, 2008
J.H. asks from Plano, TX
4 answers

Does anyone know of a place in the Plano area that our therapist can take my daughter to do pretend play or dress up or something interactive? My daughter has autism, and we do 30 hours a week of therapy. I am looking for a different setting than our home - she is sooo tired of all our stuff.

The Clubhouse 4 Kids (parker and independence) is exactly the type of place I am looking for, but unfortunatley, they closed down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. J.

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Dallas on

Why does your therapist need to take her? Is your therapist a man? That just sounds weird. Can't she play dress up at home, maybe with some kids from church or a play group, or with you? If your therapist thinks this is a good idea, why wouldn't he/she have their own resources for a place to play "dress up"?



answers from Dallas on

sorry I can't help but interested in replies...there used to be a place in Plano called The Kids Club House and it went out of store, vet store, puppet area..Check out "Kid's Club House" and see if there is anymore in the metroplex...actually I will go to that too..good luck



answers from Dallas on

Hi J.,

There is a children's play center at Parker and Independence just down from Tom Thumb. Unfortunately, I can't think of the name of it though. It has different rooms for make believe. One room has dress up clothes, one room is like a doctor's office, one is like a grocery store. The other two rooms are less like what you seem to need BUT they are a craft room and a baby toy room. There is a huge tree house with slide in the middle of the center. If she goes during the week there is less of a crowd. Once you check it out, you could call ahead and make sure they weren't having any parties or hosting a school kids day. Hope that helps!



answers from Dallas on

Sounds like you are talking about "Play Therapy." If I were you, I would start with my insurance company to get a list of play therapy counselors. You might also ask your school age children's school counselor if perhaps she has a list of recommendations. Although the school district cannot recommend therapy, he or she should be able to provide you with some names for you to choose from. UNT is quite famous for it's play therapy department. You might be able to contact them through the web-site for a list of trained play therapists in the area.
Good luck!

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions

Related Searches