Optometrist in Plano or Surrounding Areas

Updated on May 24, 2010
K.M. asks from Plano, TX

Looking for an optometrist in Plano or surrounding area because my family's eyes range from -1 to -9 and some of us have quite strong stigmatisms needing correction with prisms. Our last opthalmologists' practice evolved into eye-surgery. I would like the children to get an up-dated exam before school and I've heard about new contacts for aging eyes, that can see close and far.

• Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

J.G.

answers from Dallas on

Dr. Tran at TransVision Eye Care is awesome! He is so nice and actually takes the time to talk to you and explain anything you have questions about. We love him! He is located at the corner of Frankford and Midway.

K.S.

answers from Dallas on

I would recommend Dr. Steven Kurtin at the Kurtin Eye Care Center on 15th Street just west of Coit. He's up on the latest with contacts for older eyes, replacement lens, and he's great with young adults, too.

D.C.

answers from Dallas on

With a -9 I would think you need to keep to an opthalmologist, and I would recommend Dr. Stager in Plano. If you need a good optometrist - Dr. Bob Birenbaum at the Shops of Legacy - his shop is called Eye Pieces.

M.M.

answers from Dallas on

It's been a few months, but I think it was Dr. Williams. He's located in Collin Creek Mall next to Lens Crafters. He's associated with Lens Crafters I believe. He's real easy to talk with, explains things great and keeps appointment times (vs. making you wait like so many). The lady optometrist seemed very good the short time I worked with her too. She was great when I was fitting for my contacts since she took time to ensure the fit was just right.

I was referred to Dr. Williams from my Opthamologist, Dr. Bolton, since my insurance didn't cover contacts if bought from an Opthamologist. So strange. Honestly, been happier with Dr. Williams due to the way he responds and answers questions.

D.I.

answers from Dallas on

Two of my children see a pediatric ophthalmologist - about 3 years ago when we moved them into contacts, he referred us to Dr. Brantley. Now we alternate between the two doctors. We really like Dr. Brantley... I even had my last exam done with him. Very nice office staff, he is very thorough, kind etc. You can view their website at www.lonestarvision.com
###-###-####

They're near the toll road.... recently moved, so I think now they're near Spring Creek... the website will have that info.

S.S.

answers from Dallas on

Danny Malone at Vision Source on Spring Creek.

C.H.

answers from Dallas on

Hi, Dr. Topfer at the Allen Vision Center ###-###-####) is wonderful. He takes most insurances and takes patients from toddlers to the elderly. He is very thorough and does not rush thru any exam. My family members are all patients, including my twin 3-yr olds. I also work there part time while my twins are in preschool and he's a wonderful person to work for. We also have a wide variety of frames to choose from. I think the contacts that you are referring to are the multifocal contacts and we have several patients on those as well.

B.K.

answers from Dallas on

No doubt Dr Kurtin in Plano is the best. Ive been to soooo many eye doctors who just spend time (and my money) but little results-- Dr Kurtin delivers. He partners with Ophthalmologists that do surgery if you need it. Give him a try.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us