Need Friends and Support

Updated on October 17, 2007
S.F. asks from Madison, TN

I am diagnosed w/ a mental illness and have nooooooo support or friends. i am having a hard time in life right and need someone to talk to. why are people scared of those who have this illness?

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Binghamton on

I'm sorry you're going through a hard time right now. If you need to talk, I'm here to listen. I'd be more than happy to meet you out for lunch. Just let me know.

answers from Nashville on

If you need a friend or some one to talk to feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] i dont judge any one i think every one needs friends no matter what my name is H.. so write if ya need me. i have 3 kids all boys 15,6,18 months

answers from Nashville on

HI S. IF YOU EVER WANT TO GET TOGETHER AND HAVE THE KIDS PLAY I HAVE A 7 YR OLD GIRL AND A 2 YR OLD GIRL JUST GIVE ME A SHOUT. [email protected] i live in donelson. hope you have a great week and hang in there.

answers from Nashville on

Hey S.,
I am sorry to here about your diagnosis. i have been diagnosed Bi-polar manic depressive, so I know your struggles. i have learned that most people who have no exposer to mental illness can not understand what it is like-period! So don't try to make them. it just hurts you more in the end. There are alot of support groups out there and counseling is always a win win situation! I know a wonderful counselor, but she is in Lebanon. i spent 4 years with her learning how to deal with "myself"! Are you on any medication or have you ever taken meds? I am in Sumner County. I do work 4-5 days a week right now. I have a 2 1/2 year old son, a 9 year old daughter & a 10 year old step daughter. I have lived with this illness my entire life, i worry about my kids having the same problems. If you would like to talk we can chat sometime. Just remember there are people out there that really understand & are willing to help & listen if you are willing to accept it. J.

Next question: 9 Year Old Daughter with Very Scary Thoughts