Looking for a Divorce Lawyer

Updated on March 13, 2009
E.H. asks from Euless, TX
5 answers

Hi Ladies! I am needing to find a divorce lawyer in Tarrant County that does Collabrative divorces, give an initial FREE consultation, and accept monthly payments.

Thanks so much!

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Dallas on

If you are in Northeast Tarrant County, go to http://www.necollab.com/ and look at the attorneys on that site. You can also search for a local attorney on http://www.collablawtexas.org/

D. Kimbriel
Grandma to 2 beautiful boys

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Dallas on

This is the same fabulous advice I give about once a week it seems, but please call Fathers For Equal Rights. IT IS NOT JUST FOR MEN!! First of all, they will talk to you for free and give you lots of advice and referrals. Then if you want them to help you through the divorce, for a LOW membership fee they will explain all papers, filings, legal jargon, etc. They can refer a great attorney to you that will work with you. My husband used this service when he divorced his first wife and throughout the whole lengthy process he filed his papers himself, filled them out himself (all with their guidance) and finally at the end hired an attorney for just a short time. He asked his wife to use the same service (to save her money), but she went with the traditional route. In the end it cost my husband about $800 FOR THE WHOLE THING. Unfortunately she, sweet thing, made payments to her attorney for a couple of years.

PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT! And bless you both throughout this tough time...it WILL get better for both of you. :)

(In case you're wondering, yes, she and I are fabulous friends now, and I love her dearly...couldn't live without her!)


answers from Dallas on

Lauren Gaydos Duffer

She is super sweet and will really take the time to talk with you and give you your options. She specializes in collabarative law.



She has an office in Dallas and Arlington. If you speak with her, let her know C. M. referred you over.

Good luck and I hope this goes smoothly!




answers from Dallas on

Give my friend Kate Smith a call. She is in Colleyville -

1205 Hall Johnson Road, Suite 3 Colleyville, Texas 76034
Phone: ###-###-#### :: Fax: ###-###-####

Attorney Kate Smith
Kate Smith has been in private practice since 2005. Ms. Smith concentrates her work in the areas of family law, business formation, wills and estates, mediation and collaborative law. Dedicated to helping families through difficult transitions such as divorce, child custody, child support enforcement, she strives to make the divorce process as painless as possible. As a certified mediator, whenever practical she utilizes processes such as mediation and collaborative law, taking the divorce process out of the court’s hands and allowing spouses to arrive at mutually beneficial outcomes.

Professional Memberships:
State Bar of Texas
Tarrant County Bar
American Bar Association
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Collaborative Lawyers of Texas
Collaborative Lawyers of Tarrant County
Northeast Tarrant County Collaborative Lawyers

J. D., magna cum laude, Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, TX
Candidate for L L. M. 2008, Pepperdine School of Law/Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Malibu, CA Tulane Law School, Cambridge, UK, Summer 2003
Tulane Law School, Paris France, Summer 2004
Pepperdine School of Law/Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution Malibu CA, Winter 2003
University of Houston, Houston, TX, B.A. 1998-2000
UHCL-Center for Dispute Resolution
Mediation Certification



answers from Dallas on

[email protected]____.com

Jennie Duke Mathis

Tell her K. sent ya!

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions

Related Searches