Living Will - Wylie,TX

Updated on February 17, 2011
S.B. asks from Wylie, TX
6 answers

Good Day to all the mamas,

I want to write a Living Will but don't know how to go about it. Do you know of any lawyers that would do this and how much do they charge for this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a Blessed Day!

1 mom found this helpful

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers


answers from Dallas on

I've had one drawn up for free through Prepaid Legal. It's a service that is offered to you that provides Identity Theft Protection and also provides you access to lawyers at a discount for anything that is needed. Part of the package is you get to have a will, power of attorney, advance directives drawn up for you at no cost. I am in the process of revising our will myself and once I am done, I will get it notarized and witnessed. We've been with Prepaid Legal for like 8 years and love it. The monthly fee is only like $26 a month. It monitors your credit for you all the time and alerts you of any changes to it and provides you access to lawyers at a discounted rate for any need. If you would like more information concerning it you can visit their website: Or you can even go online and get a basic form for a living will and fill in your personal information. Then take it to get it notarized and witnessed somewhere. It's not as complicated as some put it out to be.

3 moms found this helpful


answers from Chicago on

you can go to

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Lynchburg on

Hi slyvia-

What a GREAT many people do not have one. I know that hospitals have 'fill in the blank' ones for their respective SO had major surgery, and it was offered during the pre surgery consultation. He filled it in, and we merely had it notarized at his bank. I (as medical power of attorney held onto a went in his medical records.

My mom...several years ago had one done by her lawyer in conjunction with re doing her will. She gave all sibs a copy, and keeps one in plain view on her fridge...and I believe her doc has a copy as well.

I imagine you can find a blank form on line...and fill it out as well...

Best luck

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Dallas on

I have a form. PM me and and I will email it to you.



answers from Dallas on

Baylor Hospital's website has the forms you can download, print and complete for free. They are legally sufficient and this makes it very easy. Until you do the formal forms, you can simply write out your wishes and make sure your husband and/or other family members receive a copy since the whole point is for them to know what you want should you not be able to communicate. Very wise of you and good luck!



answers from Toledo on

This is probably the easiest thing to do, really. Go to your local hospital and ask them for one to fill out. They may even have someone there at the time so you can have it notorized on the spot. No need to see a lawyer or pay anyone anything other than maybe the notary fee.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions