Kiddos Halloween Costume? JFF :) *UPDATED*

Updated on October 25, 2012
M.F. asks from Albany, CA

What is your child going as this Halloween?

Our daughter is going as Thor :)
She LOVES the Avengers! She has seen the animated series more times than I can count. She loves superheroes and has seen like every recent super hero movie made.
Batman: Begins", "Batman:The Dark Knight" (she LOVES the Joker), all the Spiderman movies, X-Men, "Captain America: The First Avenger", all the Iron Man movies, and (of course) Thor.

Iron Man was her favorite, until she saw Thor, now she loves him.
Her 7th birthday happened a couple weeks ago and she requested (and got) a Thor birthday cake :)

She has a list of the Avengers in order of her favorites. She likes all of them so much now, since seeing the newest Avengers movie we had a hard time getting her to pick just one to go as for Halloween LOL

Can't wait til the new Superman comes out :)

But, of course, it came back to Thor :)
So, what is your kiddo going as?
Who are they currently obsessed with?

Happy Halloween! :)

• Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

So What Happened?

.

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

C.O.

answers from Minneapolis on

My 8 year old son is going as Link from Zelda. Which reminds me that I need to finish his costume this weekend.

My 5 year old daughter will be a cat. Her costume is pretty much done.

A.S.

answers from Iowa City on

My youngest is going as a ladybug. She has a birthmark on her ribcage that she calls her ladybug spot so she wanted to be a ladybug. She also loves to wear wings. I made her costume and, if I do say so myself, it is really cute.

My oldest child wanted to be a "vicious" pumpkin. I made the costume but it was way too small so now I've made her a ghost costume. A little white tutu to wear over white pants, a white shirt with a ghost face and tulle sewn to a hat so it flows and she is looking quite ghosty.

S.B.

answers from Dallas on

We are all going as Lego people. My son will be a Lego Knight and my daughter is a Lego princess. Hubby and I will be the king and queen. This was the compromise costume. My son is obsessed with Star Wars and he wanted to be Star Wars Lego people. My daughter is completely and totally obsessed with Wonder Woman and she wanted to be super hero Legos. Neither kid was budging. So I showed my son he could have a crossbow and my daughter could have a crown....then they were sold on the idea.

S.G.

answers from Grand Forks on

An Evil Clown and the Grim Reaper.

M.J.

answers from Milwaukee on

DD age 5 - the midnight fairy costume from Chasing fireflies
DS age 9 - ninja
DS age 3 - pirate

M.O.

answers from New York on

A knight in shining armor :)

Costume is all set; he's just deciding whether he'll carry his pet dragon with him.

E.S.

answers from New York on

My 2 1/2 year old is going to be a frog. She is obsessed with frogs and owns about 7 stuffed froggy friends.

Got a great costume on amazon and she is practicing wearing it and leaping around!

V.K.

answers from Minneapolis on

He's going as a cow... Again. He was a cow last year but was too young to go trick-or-treating (Though we did bring him to see grandma and grandpa). His costume still fits (It was too big on him last year and it's a tight squeeze this year) so he's going as a cow again.

K.G.

answers from San Diego on

My 6 year old is going to be a vampire queen and I'm not sure about my 12 year old. I told my 12 year old that I am not buying a costume that she needs to get creative and come up with things to do to make one up. Last I heard she was going to do something with curlers in her hair and a robe I think she called it a housewife with a day off or something. Don't get me wrong I will buy a few things for her for the costume I just want her to be creative instead of buying a pre made costume from the store.

C.M.

answers from Cleveland on

My little guy is also going as Link, from the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.
I am far from being a kid, but I love to dress up for Halloween too! I am going as the Morton Salt Girl this year.

Just need to get busy sewing already!

J.W.

answers from St. Louis on

My daughter is almost 2 and is going to be a 50s girl. She has a pink poodle skirt, black and white striped shirt, black scarf, and black mary jane shoes. She looks adorable! I enjoyed picking it out but I'm sure next year she will be old enough to choose her own costume. ;)

C.J.

answers from Dallas on

A gladiator (9 yo) and a ninja (5 yo).
9 yo totally obsessed with Skylanders 5 yo is going nuts for the little green army men. If I had the time, I'd have made him into one of those army men (I saw it on pinterest - so cute!!)

J.B.

answers from Spokane on

my 5 year old is obsessed with monster high right now. she is going to be cleo de nile for halloween.

however 2 years ago my daughter was rainbow brite (true 80s version) and it was the best costume ever! eeeeeeee100s of people took her picture that night.

R.F.

answers from Dallas on

My 6 year old wants to be a cheerleader. A Vampire Cheerleader....

M.D.

answers from Washington DC on

My 9 year old is being creative and making a witch costume out of a peticoat and a tiny little with hat. I need to go get her some cool tights and whatever top she wants to wear. Thanks for reminding me!

My 7 year old is all about the military. He is going as a Specail Forces Commander.

My 5 year old is going as a Blue Ninja. The costume is mostly black, with some bright blue on it.

They are all super cute! I won't be able to walk with them this year, but they are so excited!!

K.S.

answers from Minneapolis on

My son hates TV characters and has never requested one for Halloween. This year he is going as a gladiator (he's 9).

Past costumes have included: a clown, a flower, baby duck, a skeleton, an autumn tree (his idea and my personal favorite), a Civil War soldier, and a knight.

S.R.

answers from El Paso on

My daughter decided she wanted to be a ladybug. The pattern she picked has very little sewing, so at first I though, "Awesome! This will be done in no time!"

OH how silly of me. Now, I just feel like I'm re-creating the red wedding dress from Beetlejuice. SO..... MUCH.... TULLE......

K.P.

answers from Dallas on

4 year old boy- Batman (muscle costume and all he thinks he is awesome)
3 year old girl- barbie cheerleader

My kids are really into Rugrats and Spongebob right now but i have not allowed them to watch any of the recent superhero movies i think they are just to dark for little ones.

J.E.

answers from Erie on

My DS is 4 and obsessed with animals. He is going to be a puppy dog :)

My DD is 6 and was talking about wanting to be a butterfly, even drew a picture of what she wanted it to look like. But, we were out shopping and she saw a witch costume with hot pink sleeves/spiderwebs and fell in love lol. So, it's a pink spider witch for her this year.

C.T.

answers from Santa Fe on

Your daughter sounds AWESOME! She is going to be so adorable as Thor. I love it. My daughter (3) wants to be spiderman...but she ended up picking the spidergirl costume. She also LOVES superheros. Her brother never did - isn't that funny. He likes cute costumes...last year (age 7) he was a hamster.

S.B.

answers from Kansas City on

Last year my dd went as Storm from X-Men (I had to make her a costume, the Storm ones nowadays are super slutty and she was 4. And she wanted the 90s cartoon version.)

This year, my tiny, blonde 5 year old wanted to be Nick Fury. (She watches a lot of Super Hero Squad. I haven't let her watch the live action movies yet.) Then she wanted to be the Hulk. Then we were at Walmart and she saw a Batgirl costume and now that's all she wants to be. So we got it for her, and she cannot wait for Halloween so she can wear it. :-)

C.B.

answers from Reno on

my ten year old is going as a nun (Halloween is big at their Catholic School and if you dress in a religious costume you get an automatic free dress day and then they have the actual costume contest as well)
and my 7 year old son is going as a zombie minus the gore.
i actually think i may dress up this year. :)

T.P.

answers from Indianapolis on

My 5 year old has been telling me since early summer that she wants to be a skeleton for Halloween so I found a costume. She wants face painted to look like a skull but I told her my skills in that area are very limited. I have no artistic ability what so ever. I'm really excited. She has been a Princess for 3 years and said she is tired of it. Kids. You gotta love them.

R.P.

answers from Salt Lake City on

My oldest has to recycle his costume. It was too much for him to not use it more than once and I think he's too old to go trick-or-treating anyway. He's twelve and going as the grim reaper.
Daughter 10 wants to be a dead bride. And DD 6 is going as Ariel. Ariel is her favorite princess.
So this year I only have to make one costume which makes me happy. Last year, my oldest daughter wents as Crookshanks from Harry Potter and my youngest chose one of our black cats and went has him.

J.A.

answers from Denver on

10 year old son, James Bond
7 year old daughter, Cooking Mama ( from the ds game, lol)
4 year old son, will just wear something from the costume box :)

M.B.

answers from Tampa on

My son is going as batman and his baby sister is going to be Harley Quinn. He loves super heros too! That's why we let him pick baby sissys name Harlee-Quinn :)

A.C.

answers from Sarasota on

Star Wars and Avatar: The last Airbender are huge obsessions around here. My daughter is going as Asohka from the Clone Wars cartoon. She is so excited.

D.F.

answers from El Paso on

My oldest daugther(3yrs) is Belle (from Beauty N the Beast)
My youngest daugther(2yrs) is Aurora (from Sleeping Beauty)
And the baby boy(4months on 31) is a Dragon. Lol!!

I though some of the girl superheroes costumes were to skimpy for my little girls...

J.C.

answers from Philadelphia on

My 9 year old is going to be a lady bug. I found a sun dress that looks just like a lady bug and I bought wings, a head piece and black tights. It is adorable and I know there won't be another lady bug dressed like her.
I am going to be a black angel. I have a black gown I wore to a wedding this year so I am recycling that and adding wings and halo. My 14 yo is going to be a cat and I am not sure what my husband will be but I hope it goes with my costume:).

Last year my girls were candy corn witches, I was a "pretty" witch and my husband was a wizard. I do prefer it when we all match.

A.C.

answers from Savannah on

I was a lot like your daughter, in that I was a TOTAL comic nerd, LOVED Thor (you should have her watch Adventures in Babysitting at some point, remember the little girl was a huge Thor fan), etc. Spiderman was my favorite though....I liked that his sarcastic attitude in the old comics.

My 5 year old is going as a ninja (he's all about that on a normal, regular basis: he's a kung fu student and loves all things martial arts.....and we're going to China in February.....a ninja was just a natural choice for him).

My 2 year old is OBSESSED with Batman. OBSESSED. It's how we got him to potty train: Batman underwear saved the day. He's never seen the Dark Knight that we know now, but he watches the 60's TV show on Saturdays. He's going as THAT Batman, with gray pants, gray Batman shirt, blue underwear with the little Batman logo on them (on the outside of his pants, lol), a yellow belt, the mask and cape. Cuteness!

I'm going as "mean mama" with my hair in rollers, a robe and slippers, a rolling pin and a wooden spoon. The boys think that's hilarious. Husband is going as an Ent (the trees in Lord of the Rings): my 5 year old chose that for him because he's "big".

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us